Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying a monster box ASE for $9K!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedompal View Post
    I am thinking of buying 500 ASE coins at these low prices comes tomorrow, looking for some opinions, I will not need to sell for another 6 months!
    My opinion is do something else with your money, for all the obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by exxxcessive View Post
    Have you ever heard the phrase, "the trend is your friend"?

Like I said, I am highly in favor of precious metals. But, look at the trend. What is the trend telling you?

You, me and everyone else will be able to purchase many more ounces, if you have the patience to wait.

I know the world is awash in unsustainable debt, the markets overvalued by a high margin, deflationary factors have taken hold. However, facts are facts.... The dollar index is soaring higher, while commodities and precious metals continue to cascade down.

Why spend money for an ounce today, when you will be able to buy 1 1/2 ounces for the same amount later on?

Answer this simple question, Windweaver..... Why is it when someone points out facts, the first thing people do is accuse someone of having "the crystal ball"?

Don't think for one second that since I am new to these forums, that I am new to the world of precious metals or the global financial landscape.
    I don't see silver hitting single digits any time soon. Not unless we have a deflationary crash.

But as I have said many times .... I would not be upset if it was a penny an ounce,more for me.

Welcome to the forum BTW. Was just cautioning that trying to time a bottom as you are could cause you to miss the bottom ( at least until the next bottom)
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

I am thinking of buying 500 ASE coins at these low prices comes tomorrow, looking for some opinions, I will not need to sell for another 6 months!
    Very unwise to buy Monsters, unless of course you are Donald Trump. Monsters are too big of a buy for one moment in time. Nibble, nibble nibble. -Joshua Slane

Silver can go to single digits as it was in pre 2009. a crash is unlikely as silver is just getting back to where it was. no big deal really.

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Do not spend money you need on a commodity unless you can afford to lose it all, would be my stance.

This is a very volatile asset which should be viewed as a collectors item or at the very best a long term investment.

It is your cash, but do your own due diligence.

An investment implies an expected ROI over a given time period. Silver is not an investment. It does not have a ROI, does not pay dividends. It's a wealth preservation tool.

That said, to the OP, I would hold cash if your horizon is only 6 months.
    Just say NO to Fiat!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePMetalStacker View Post
    An investment implies an expected ROI over a given time period. Silver is not an investment. It does not have a ROI, does not pay dividends. It's a wealth preservation tool.

That said, to the OP, I would hold cash if your horizon is only 6 months.
    my advice is to do it if you'd like to lose up to 25% of your money during that time

If you only have a 6 month window to speculate, It would be crazy to buy physical silver. You would need a $4.00 price rise per ounce just to break even on the premium turnover. For 6 months If you believe the market will rise, You should buy the etf (SLV) 500 shares with a total cost of $20 for the flip, that way a 4 cent rise breaks you even, and any thing above that is profit!
    Physical silver is for YEARS & YEARS, to hold.

Ag guy

Quote Originally Posted by louky View Post
    my advice is to do it if you'd like to lose up to 25% of your money during that time
    Apparently, money is fake and worthless, so it shouldn't matter.

I decided against it, I woke up this morning and did a little more focused calculations, even with 1 year the risk is too high and the reward most likely too low, better keep the money parked in the bank.

Thank you all for your opinions.

I decided against it, I woke up this morning and did a little more focused calculations, even with 1 year the risk is too high and the reward most likely too low, better keep the money parked in the bank.

Thank you all for your opinions.
    Not to get off on a tangent here, but I would recommend keeping the "money" (FED notes) parked somewhere OTHER than a bank. The risk of "bail-in" is growing...
    Govern this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast