Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Thinking of buying a monster box ASE for $9K!

  1. #1

    Default Thinking of buying a monster box ASE for $9K!

    I am thinking of buying 500 ASE coins at these low prices comes tomorrow, looking for some opinions, I will not need to sell for another 6 months!

  2. #2

    Default

    Horrible idea man! If you are looking to sell within 6 months than please don't do it, you will more than likely take a hit.

  3. #3

    Default

    Unfortunately prices are not down. Premiums on ASE's are up at least $1.
    Example before the price drop ask $16.01 with $2.99 premium $19/oz total $380
    Now ask $14.71 with $3.99 premium $18.70/oz total $374
    Ask is down $1.30 and you save $.30. $.30 gives you $150 savings on a monster box.
    awesome
    awesome bad .

  4. #4

    Default

    If you wanna gamble why not Vegas?

    Anything you will need a year out should be on a CD or even all cash. Heck the rule of thumb is that anything you will use in the next three years should be out of volatile vehicles, PMs and stocks included.

  5. #5

    Default

    Do not spend money you need on a commodity unless you can afford to lose it all, would be my stance.

    This is a very volatile asset which should be viewed as a collectors item or at the very best a long term investment.

    It is your cash, but do your own due diligence.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,145

    Default

    6 months will pass in the bat of an eye

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freedompal View Post
    I am thinking of buying 500 ASE coins at these low prices comes tomorrow, looking for some opinions, I will not need to sell for another 6 months!
    http://www.investing.com/commodities/silver

    Why would you spend so much on a investment (since you said that you would have to sell in six months), that continues to weaken in a deflationary environment?

    If you want a MB, wait until silver breaks into the single digits and then buy one. People then will be selling their silver just to try to recoup part of their money.

    I'm not precious metal negative. But, I do not understand why people continue to buy now, when the trend is falling, instead of stacking cash and practice patience.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exxxcessive View Post
    http://www.investing.com/commodities/silver

    Why would you spend so much on a investment (since you said that you would have to sell in six months), that continues to weaken in a deflationary environment?

    If you want a MB, wait until silver breaks into the single digits and then buy one. People then will be selling their silver just to try to recoup part of their money.

    I'm not precious metal negative. But, I do not understand why people continue to buy now, when the trend is falling, instead of stacking cash and practice patience.
    Silver is going to single digits huh? Got that crystal ball handy?
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Silver is going to single digits huh? Got that crystal ball handy?
    Have you ever heard the phrase, "the trend is your friend"?

    Like I said, I am highly in favor of precious metals. But, look at the trend. What is the trend telling you?

    You, me and everyone else will be able to purchase many more ounces, if you have the patience to wait.

    I know the world is awash in unsustainable debt, the markets overvalued by a high margin, deflationary factors have taken hold. However, facts are facts.... The dollar index is soaring higher, while commodities and precious metals continue to cascade down.

    Why spend money for an ounce today, when you will be able to buy 1 1/2 ounces for the same amount later on?

    Answer this simple question, Windweaver..... Why is it when someone points out facts, the first thing people do is accuse someone of having "the crystal ball"?

    Don't think for one second that since I am new to these forums, that I am new to the world of precious metals or the global financial landscape.

  10. #10

    Default

    I don't view silver as an investment.

    In my mind, silver has two roles:

    1) hedge against a Rawlsian collapse
    2) Lake bottom beautification
    Govern this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •