Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to sell large amounts of bullion

Like I said in my first post, this is just a hypothetical, for the future post. I really have no intention of selling, but with that said if in two yrs if I see silver at $30 and I can sell 1000 ounces and turn it in to more adjoining acreage, I would do that. If silver is is still lower $5-$15, I will keep stacking. I will not be selling, unless the price is high and I could exchange the fiat for land adjoining the existing acreage.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Like I said in my first post, this is just a hypothetical, for the future post. I really have no intention of selling, but with that said if in two yrs if I see silver at $30 and I can sell 1000 ounces and turn it in to more adjoining acreage, I would do that. If silver is is still lower $5-$15, I will keep stacking. I will not be selling, unless the price is high and I could exchange the fiat for land adjoining the existing acreage.
    Depends on who owns the land. Maybe you can work a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    as i've bought on the way down, i too would sell north of 30 but not all at once, id sell in increments every 2$ or so above 30 and buy when it gets back down below it..
    what you say and think matters, but its what you do that counts
    improve always

My easiest experience was with A*MEX a couple years ago. On their site, they even had a video telling you what to do. Maybe it is still there.

In summary, you just call and tell them what you want to sell, at which point they will lock in the price based on current spot. Pack up your items "securely" and send via USPS insured for the sale price. Once they receive and verify the goods, they send you a check. They also helpfully notify the IRS in order to assist you in fulfilling your fiduciary obligations as a citizen of the USA. Make sure you have receipts or other documentation indicating the original purchase cost of your items.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyacheslav Molotov View Post
    My easiest experience was with A*MEX a couple years ago. On their site, they even had a video telling you what to do. Maybe it is still there.

In summary, you just call and tell them what you want to sell, at which point they will lock in the price based on current spot. Pack up your items "securely" and send via USPS insured for the sale price. Once they receive and verify the goods, they send you a check. They also helpfully notify the IRS in order to assist you in fulfilling your fiduciary obligations as a citizen of the USA. Make sure you have receipts or other documentation indicating the original purchase cost of your items.
    This I hope is a good sarcastic post.
    In keeping with the sarcasm, maybe it would be better yet if there were official government buying centers, who you could ship too directly, let them take out whatever they figure is the correct amount and send you what's left, if anything. Maybe they'd figure you owe them money on top of whatever value they determined your silver was worth. It's all neat and easy-peasy, just that you wind up writing a check instead of receiving one. Hey....At least this this way you'd avoid the chance of being involved in a transaction in the mails when Tulving, Apmex, BullionDirect, or some other dealer went through bankruptcy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234