Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So if everyone takes delivery, is there enough silver to cover?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverShareHolder View Post
    If you are authorized participant and deal in 50,000 share blocks you can.
    Any one here in a position to take delivery? Raise your hand ...
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

This sure soundsto me like another way for the big guys to get rich using the little guy's dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoBlazini View Post
    This sure soundsto me like another way for the big guys to get rich using the little guy's dollar.
    Can you explain this statement further? SLV tracks spot price almost exactly over both short and long term time horizons, even with the fees included. Sounds like a great way to get exposure to the silver markets very easily without worrying about storage cost with the added ability to jump in and out whenever. Also, while we are talking fees, let's not forget that often times you pay premiums on physical that are generally substantially higher than ETF fees. $1 premium on $15 spot = 6.6666%. Ouch!
    The answers are in the data

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanferr View Post
    Can you explain this statement further? SLV tracks spot price almost exactly over both short and long term time horizons, even with the fees included. Sounds like a great way to get exposure to the silver markets very easily without worrying about storage cost with the added ability to jump in and out whenever. Also, while we are talking fees, let's not forget that often times you pay premiums on physical that are generally substantially higher than ETF fees. $1 premium on $15 spot = 6.6666%. Ouch!
    There may come a day where those physical premiums will seem like bargains.

I suppose it depends on many factors, not the least of which being peace if mind and time frame of investment.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by SilverShareHolder View Post
    If you are authorized participant and deal in 50,000 share blocks you can.
    Sooner than later they will.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234