Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gold is getting smacked and silver isn't far behind...

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    so charts are not useful haha?
    Charts tell you everything you'd ever want to know about the past performance ..
    Similar to a pest of a poster on these Boards.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinnj View Post
    Charts tell you everything you'd ever want to know about the past performance ..
    Similar to a pest of a poster on these Boards.
    Well, all I know is I like my silvers and keep them with extra funds that I do not require for bills etc... although I may have to adjust fire with the home purchase.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Well, all I know is I like my silvers and keep them with extra funds that I do not require for bills etc... although I may have to adjust fire with the home purchase.
    Fine thought process .... Discretionary Funds only
    Silver hasn't always been known as one of the most volatile sectors there is because that just started tonight, this year or this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoBlazini View Post
    On another thread I saw that someone said the mining cost of silver was around $12/oz. If that is true how can it go much lower than that?
    Interesting how the price to mine keeps dropping. What will the price be when the only miners left getting silver are the ones that are not even looking for it (copper, iron, etc)?

starting to think sumyrt or whatever that guys name is who kept saying $5 silver, was on to something. LOL

Just keep stacking. This is a gift. Time to reach in your pants to see if you've got a pair. (as opposed to the countless sissies who constantly post "if silver ever drops to xxx, i'll back the truck up", then the truck is in the shop or some other excuse as to why they aren't buying at these levels.

I started nibbling at platinum last night on the dip. -$33 w/ spot at $970..first Pt buy in a long time. Valcambi combi bars....love em.
    Just say NO to Fiat!

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    Oddly these were right along my exact thoughts last night ........
    My thoughts were more along the lines of the Paper-Pushers are showing their desperation and we may be coming upon the final push(es) but as the story put it.

"one has to wonder if the coffin is closing for the long-term gold bull market or are we rapidly nearing a bottom in what has become a brutal nearly 4-year bear market?"
    "the largest losses often occur just before the bottom."

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    No, it means that the $2.7 Billion (yes billion) worth of futures contracts that were dumped into the market originated on Gold Futures. Silver just tagged along for the ride...as did platinum.
    What is also interesting is there was some entity (or multiple entities) on the other side of that trade to absorb it. Apparently someone with ~$2.7 billion thought it was a good buy $1100/oz. It should have went down more with that kind of dump IMHO

Anyone remember what the number was on the short futures dumped to cause the drop from $1550ish to $1300ish?

IceAged
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

Quote Originally Posted by IceAged View Post
    What is also interesting is there was some entity (or multiple entities) on the other side of that trade to absorb it. Apparently someone with ~$2.7 billion thought it was a good buy $1100/oz. It should have went down more with that kind of dump IMHO

Anyone remember what the number was on the short futures dumped to cause the drop from $1550ish to $1300ish?

IceAged
    400 tonnes dumped.

Suspicious Large Sales of Gold in 2013
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsUpDoc1958 View Post
    Thanks Doc, Save me a alot of time from looking. No one was there to catch that falling knife.

Anyone want to check my math?

In 2013

32151toz x 400tonne x $1550 = $19,933,620,000
    (or is it 32151toz x 400tonne x $1300 = $16,718,520,000)

Or split the middle and call it about 18 Billion to drop $250 ($1550->$1300)

So today

2.7 Billion to drop (1135 -> ???) (hard to tell b/c it's still rebounding from the intraday low of 1170)

If Gold recovers to 1135 on the week, their shooting paper bullets that will only have had the effect of a wick, not a candle.
    (and a very strong weekly doji reversal will have painted the charts)

If TPTB wan't this down, I am sure there will be more paper bullets flying around the rest of the week.

I can only imagine the boyz are having daily if not hourly meetings right about now. (summer vacations cut short)

And I would not be surprised to see some overnight action as the Chinese and Russians are all gathered around their screens locked down in rooms with their long haired phd types running all the algos and possible outcomes of firing the next round of paper bullets.

One things for sure, so much for the summer doldrums this year.

Thanks
    IceAged
    Last edited by IceAged; 07-20-2015 at 08:40 PM.
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast