Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stopped buying, going to wait this out for a while

Default Stopped buying, going to wait this out for a while

Premiums are too high given that the price is falling and it might have a ways to go. Europe and Asia are in greater peril than we are at the moment so the flight to safety will strengthen the dollar. I'll jump in again at $12 or $13.

China is the biggest contagion in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver76 View Post
    Premiums are too high given that the price is falling and it might have a ways to go. Europe and Asia are in greater peril than we are at the moment so the flight to safety will strengthen the dollar. I'll jump in again at $12 or $13.
    I haven't seen an increase in premium yet. I'm paying $2 over spot for last few years. Is that good? What are you paying? If I sell to them I get spot. If I buy 100oz bar it's $1 over and $1 under to sell.

Yeah, I'm going to sit it out for a while too except for certain items I won't be able to get later without a high premium like discontinued items or special finds-like rare bars that pop up at low premium. Can't pass on those because they likely won't be available later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsilver View Post
    I haven't seen an increase in premium yet. I'm paying $2 over spot for last few years. Is that good? What are you paying? If I sell to them I get spot. If I buy 100oz bar it's $1 over and $1 under to sell.
    Provident has been selling generic 10 oz. silver bars for .79 over spot for a long time...it's now .94 over spot. What are you buying for $2 over spot?

Quote Originally Posted by KILOFINAL7 View Post
    China is the biggest contagion in the world.
    I am now convinced you're not even human .....
    You post this exact same line throughout the varying boards dozens of times a day ..
    Day in a day out at that .........
    "KiloBot7"

Quote Originally Posted by Kickabuck View Post
    Provident has been selling generic 10 oz. silver bars for .79 over spot for a long time...it's now .94 over spot. What are you buying for $2 over spot?
    I don't buy online. Pay cash only. Lcs is 5 min. away. Usually buy new 10 oz. Ntr's, roll of buffalo's, kilo bar. All bullion. Eagles are $5 over. Whatever they have in bullion. I don't buy eagles. Last week bought 10 -5 oz silver town poured bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickabuck View Post
    something about 95 over delayed stock just doesn't get me excited

Some prefer your route and I understand. But at 50 ounces at $2 over, you could get 2 extra ounces buying online...the big dealers ship for free, and accept personal checks. That is...for what they have in inventory at this time...provident is sold out of 3 of the 7 selections in the 5 oz. variety.

Me either...just doing a little price comparison. Plus, for some strange reason, I shifted my buys into items I like to look at.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast