Thread: Is their any difference between a American Eale or Maple leaf or Austriilan PT coin

Default Is their any difference between a American Eale or Maple leaf or Austriilan PT coin

I think PT is a great buy now, but was wondering does it matter which coin I buy? I always believed buy the one with the lowest premium because when you go to sell it, who knows if you get your premium back? I am looking only at 1oz coins..

Thanks
    Eyeball

I stick with the Pt. Eagles myself. Marketability is the key for me living in the U.S.
    You look like I need a drink.

All 3 coins you listed are very recognizable platinum coins. But, I find that the American Platinum Eagle carries a HUGE premium. I would stick with maples or Australian Koalas and such. You should have no problem selling them.
    My LCS will only pay spot for any platinum coins, as they are not popular enough to charge higher premiums. So for me, buying an APE would be a waste, unless I found someone who would pay a higher premium.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dan8802 View Post
    All 3 coins you listed are very recognizable platinum coins. But, I find that the American Platinum Eagle carries a HUGE premium. I would stick with maples or Australian Koalas and such. You should have no problem selling them.
    My LCS will only pay spot for any platinum coins, as they are not popular enough to charge higher premiums. So for me, buying an APE would be a waste, unless I found someone who would pay a higher premium.
    Hope this helps.
    If your LCS is only paying spot for Pt eagles, then they are ripping people off. I don't get why people are so afraid to open an ebay account and sell their own stuff. Right now, if you go on the bay and look up 1/10 oz. Platinum eagles, you'll see they are commanding about a 50% premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium_Cowboy View Post
    If your LCS is only paying spot for Pt eagles, then they are ripping people off. I don't get why people are so afraid to open an ebay account and sell their own stuff. Right now, if you go on the bay and look up 1/10 oz. Platinum eagles, you'll see they are commanding about a 50% premium.
    I don't know about them ripping people off. Platinum, palladium, and rhodium are not collected and stacked by as many people like gold and silver. Some shops have ZERO demand for platinum and set their buy/sell prices accordingly.