Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Kooks, koalas, Libertad's, Somali elephants, Brittannia's, Ase's, Maple Leafs?

  1. #21

    Default

    No love at all for Pandas? I know they have huge premiums but they have a very nice resell on Ebay. Not sure what dealers pay for them though. Anyway, they are my favorite 1 oz coin, though I only own one sheet of 30.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverStocker View Post
    No love at all for Pandas? I know they have huge premiums but they have a very nice resell on Ebay. Not sure what dealers pay for them though. Anyway, they are my favorite 1 oz coin, though I only own one sheet of 30.
    I'm kind of biased against China coins; I'm not a fan of the regime there, so I see no reason to own their coins. Plus, I rarely see their coins in my local coin stores.

    Quote Originally Posted by bossandy View Post
    ASE, Britts and Phils in that order.
    Why that order?...Just personal opinion? I just haven't been able to get in to the Philharmonics. Maybe if I were musically inclined? Give me a reason, though, and I'll put in an order!

    My orders:
    • Coin attractiveness: Libertads, Britannias, ASE's, Leafs, Noah's Ark, Kooks...the rest.
    • Liquidity (ease of sale, given the likely buyers available to me): ASEs, Maple Leafs...the rest.
    • Resale value: Kooks, Libertads, ASE's...the rest.

  3. #23

    Default

    I know nothing about phils. Do they hold a premium?

  4. #24

    Default

    Take a look at the Lunar 1 oz series. These have by far the best resale value.
    Utah, Get Me Two!

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBuseysTeeth View Post
    Take a look at the Lunar 1 oz series. These have by far the best resale value.
    I came to the game late, and since I had none of them, I just figured I'd focus on other things rather than try to start in the middle of the series. And yet, I admit I started buying kooks...guess I liked those better than the lunars. If the current years coins will have higher resale value, maybe I should pick some up anyway. I notice, however, that the premiums seem high on the 2015 coins. Does the mint force a much higher premium on these?

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    I came to the game late, and since I had none of them, I just figured I'd focus on other things rather than try to start in the middle of the series. And yet, I admit I started buying kooks...guess I liked those better than the lunars. If the current years coins will have higher resale value, maybe I should pick some up anyway. I notice, however, that the premiums seem high on the 2015 coins. Does the mint force a much higher premium on these?
    These always demand a big premium from the mint. Right now is not the time to buy the 2015 Lunars. When the 2016 gets released you buy in the first few weeks. Lots of online dealers have presales and the premiums are always the lowest in the first few weeks. Slowly it creeps up month by month. Take a look at the previous years lunar horse, that's jumped considerably in one year.
    Utah, Get Me Two!

  7. #27

    Default

    The 2015 kooks are out of stock after the price drop this morning on prov.
    Last edited by bullseyethievery; 07-07-2015 at 09:54 AM.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyethievery View Post
    The 2015 kooks are out of stock after the price drop this morning on prov.
    I picked up 20 1 oz'ers under $19 around 8:00 a.m. Provident is also sold out of the 2015 kilo kooks too.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobmhey View Post
    I am partial to eagles. Especially if you can collect slowly. Look at older eagles, people pay a pretty premium for them. Any time you can find any older eagle at the same price as new, buy it. Eagles are nice because the copper content is meaningless for trade- in purposes, however, gives your coin immeasurable protection. Canada, pure as heck ,but I wonder if they will look mint 20 years from now ,if you stored them in a sealed air free tomb. But Eagles you can throw them in the garage and people will probably pay a premium for them 20 years from now.
    where does anyone pay any more than about $2 over for old eagles not counting special editions and whatnot. i do also prefer ASE to maples as I don't buy RCM stuff anymore.
    I don't buy ASE either though as the additional premium is a wash when reselling. If you look at what actually sells for an additional premium, Pandas, kooks, libs seem to all do well. I don't really get the additional premium on the libs though as there isnt any change in design whereas the kooks/pandas and that sort, the mixed proof/matte finishes are striking and the designs change every year. Therefore, I buy a few-half dozen of those two only and Libs if I happen to get them at a decent price. Elephants, Koalas, etc i'm not getting into all that. The aforementioned Kooks/Pandas, generic hand poured 5, 10 oz'ers, 1oz generics, occasional junk, and ATBs for me.
    what you say and think matters, but its what you do that counts
    improve always

  10. #30

    Default

    As a relative newbie, can someone explain the differences in price, resell, and appreciation of the Koalas vs. the Kooks? Isn't it basically the same thing but just with either a little bear or a bird being the only difference? You guys talk more about Kooks, are they more limited? Just wondering what the real differences are between these two. I have some of each but favor the little bears.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •