Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: Kooks, koalas, Libertad's, Somali elephants, Brittannia's, Ase's, Maple Leafs?

  1. #1

    Default Kooks, koalas, Libertad's, Somali elephants, Brittannia's, Ase's, Maple Leafs?

    I know this is probably asked from time to time, but from what I gather, is the title the order in which one would purchase based on selling premium if they were all sold 30 years from now? Obviously no one can predict the future, just looking for educated guesses to see if I am off at all. Thanks and I appreciate the patience if this is too redundant.

  2. #2

    Default

    I personally would buy them in the order off kooks,Somali elephants,libertads,eagles,maples,britannias and koalas. The first three seem to do the best and I personally enjoy buyin them more than the others. I like eagles over maples because I can't stand milk spots on my silver. The maple has a better design imo but the milk spots kill it for me.

  3. #3

    Default

    I buy Kooks and Lunar Series 2 when they are first released. They are the lowest premiums in the first few weeks and hold there value better than any of the other mentioned bullion.
    Utah, Get Me Two!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanMarsh View Post
    I personally would buy them in the order off kooks,Somali elephants,libertads,eagles,maples,britannias and koalas. The first three seem to do the best and I personally enjoy buyin them more than the others. I like eagles over maples because I can't stand milk spots on my silver. The maple has a better design imo but the milk spots kill it for me.
    Really, you like the reg. maple over the Britannias

    I just got some this yr and it's growing on me, I like it more than the elephant, but I also understand the elephant may be a better buy

    jm has elephants $3 over right now
    Provident has Britannias $2.25 over and JM is pretty close too

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny2_0 View Post
    Really, you like the reg. maple over the Britannias

    I just got some this yr and it's growing on me, I like it more than the elephant, but I also understand the elephant may be a better buy

    jm has elephants $3 over right now
    Provident has Britannias $2.25 over and JM is pretty close too
    Well I haven't owned a Britannia so that could change but a while back people bought some from JM I believe and the finish on them was not impressive from what I hear. Not saying they're a bad buy I just prefer the kook or Somali elephant design more.

  6. #6

    Default

    I don't have any kooks ot Libertads yet but I am going to have to get some soon. My personal favorites are the elephants and brittanias

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyethievery View Post
    I don't have any kooks ot Libertads yet but I am going to have to get some soon. My personal favorites are the elephants and brittanias
    Apmex has the Libertads for $2.89 over

    any quantity and free ship over $99
    so buy six free ship!!

  8. #8

    Default

    I love Brits and Libertads, but I definitely buy more ASE's and Maples because they are much more recognizable at my LCS. I think it depends on where you plan to sell your bullion. If you are planning to go the ebay route I would go with the Perth mint stuff because they always seem to fetch nice premiums later, while you may not be able to get that from an LCS. You will always get a pretty good deal for ASE at the LCS, at least from my experience. Somali Elephants would be like bringing in generic rounds to my LCS.
    “A ‘Liberal Paradise’ would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only Law Enforcement has guns.

    And . . . believe it or not, such a place does indeed exist … It's called prison.”

    Short term bear, long term bull (5-10 years)

  9. #9

    Default

    For me Lunar , Libertads, Kook, No Maple for me milk spots!
    Somali Elephants are good but i'm having some issues with milk spots, anyone else having that problem with Elephants.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyethievery View Post
    I know this is probably asked from time to time, but from what I gather, is the title the order in which one would purchase based on selling premium if they were all sold 30 years from now? Obviously no one can predict the future, just looking for educated guesses to see if I am off at all. Thanks and I appreciate the patience if this is too redundant.
    As a true Perth Bullion collector, this is really how I collect bullion.

    1.) Koala's....if your just buying in..wow. but if you got them from the start...total rock and roll..Raw..not graded..You submit them for grading yourself!
    2.) Kooks.....Yuppers....Scoop all the set in Raw, and send them into submission for the grade.

    This is what I do real fast like....buy 2 if you can..so can at least ensure you get a MS70 dmpl on one grade. NEVER open the capsule man! send it in as is, I dont care what the company says about flipping the dam thing.

    everything else is pretty much lcs bullion at about 3 bux over spot,,or what you can get online to save a bit. Basic Bullion 3-4$ premium.

    Perth ALWAYS goes up,,,,NOT that shark crap, or country shaped garbage,etc..Thats junk. Stay away from it!

    Collect the set. I have mine all in MS70's with a few 69's DMPL,,,and I love them, and would never sell, but I could in a flash as what I see online.

    Mercanti is the best engraver, but Perth Rocks!,,,and Mercanti's latest project IS with Perth. So that set is gonna Rock also!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •