Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver premiums are high.

Default Silver premiums are high.

Silver premiums are high. Local dealer wants almost 25% premium on eagles. Ebay and other sites are running about 37% markup. Apmex is looking for 25.03 on the bay. That is ridiculous. Kitco isn't even listing prices. The price should rise based off this simple observation. Because spot doesn't seem to matter.

Simple supply n demand .....
    We've been on these premium rollercoaster before .....
    The we ain't seen nothing yet days of premium spikes have yet to return (again).
    When the not possible to paper over, giving the "appearance" of unattractive PMs as investment days return via large physical demand premiums will very likely return to the '08/'09 time period of upwards 100% premium over spot.
    Guess which pieces will be leading that premium charge also ......
    I'll just say it certainly won't be the lesser desirable, less recognizable and the what are those (to the now laymen) pieces.
    (ASE's and U.S. 90% Premiums are two of the very few indicators of Silver for Investment demand at any given moment .. in the $2-3 range demand's in the crapper . they start going back to the $5-7 premium and beyond you know physical Silver for Investment purposes demand is becoming robust once again)
    Last edited by joeinnj; 06-28-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmhey View Post
    Silver premiums are high. Local dealer wants almost 25% premium on eagles. Ebay and other sites are running about 37% markup. Apmex is looking for 25.03 on the bay. That is ridiculous. Kitco isn't even listing prices. The price should rise based off this simple observation. Because spot doesn't seem to matter.
    ???? Amazing, maybe go direct to Apmex website and get for 2.39 over....eye roll...
    Last edited by rawteam1; 06-28-2015 at 09:57 AM.
    keceph `anah

Quote Originally Posted by joeinnj View Post
    Simple supply n demand .....
    No simple ignorance... Interesting you post an answer with no diligence first...
    keceph `anah

Quote Originally Posted by rawteam1 View Post
    No simple ignorance... Interesting you post an answer with no diligence first...
    Again and as always .. whatever that may mean.
    So sorry if you so happen to think "I know it all" but furthest thing from.
    What I do know is what I've experienced and learned though (you clearly haven't experienced either and particularly lacking in the ladder)
    There's very few indicators of Silver for investment at any given moment, two of those indicators being the most in demand and traded from collector to collector, hoarder to hoarder ASE's and U.S. 90%
    I'm going to stop now as I know you have difficulties comprehending more than 3-4 words at a time.
    Be "diligent dude" (aka Board Buffoon... and incapable of even ranking in the Useful Idiot category)
    Last edited by joeinnj; 06-28-2015 at 10:02 AM.

I went to Kitco's store and saw this

Please note that Kitco's online store is closed for semi-anual maintenance between

Saturday, June 27, 2015 1:00 PM
    and
    Sunday, June 28, 2015 6:00 PM

Maybe there's a silver shortage
    "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Guru's are liked not for being right but for saying what you want to hear" - me
    "Paper" investors dictate the price of silver - blitzdude
    "Fear and greed drive the Demand portion of investment Supply and Demand" - me
    "Silver can't be subject to classical supply and demand of silver and be driven by gold at the same time" - me
    "What's next for silver? Nobody knows" - APMEX email

Quote Originally Posted by rawteam1 View Post
    ???? Amazing, maybe go direct to Apmex website and get for 2.39 over....eye roll...
    They are $2.55 over spot shipped on Ebay.
    Plata O Plomo

Quote Originally Posted by hkpdw View Post
    They are $2.55 over spot shipped on Ebay.
    I see a Mint Roll of 20 ASE's on the A*MEX ebay store for $384.65. That's $19.23 per oz. with shipping included. I'm not sure where the $25.00/oz price comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBones View Post
    I see a Mint Roll of 20 ASE's on the A*MEX ebay store for $384.65. That's $19.23 per oz. with shipping included. I'm not sure where the $25.00/oz price comes from.

I wonder if his 25.03 is a percentage and not the dollar price. It isn't clear, but it would make more sense, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBones View Post

I am guessing it is more expensive to buy ASE's one at a time, but I have no experience with buying ASE's one at a time.

My theory is that they're cheaper by the dozen, or the coin roll.
    Last edited by WhatsUpDoc1958; 06-28-2015 at 12:25 PM.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast