Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: consecutive bills

Quote Originally Posted by Numisgold View Post
    I spent them back in 1975/1976. I sure as heck wasn't going to give the skin-flint dealers the notes for a 2.5% profit. And keeping those $10 notes for how many decades wouldn't have been much of a return either. What are they worth today? $50? $100? In 1975 I was able to buy coins that increased 15X by 1980. And it wasn't hard to find semi-key dates in the 19th century Liberty gold and Seated silver series that over the past 40 years have increased 30X to 50X in value. One of my better pics from 1975 was an XF45 1867-s quarter for all of $130. It's worth $4,000-$5,000 today. Believe me, it was better to spend those $10 notes back in 1976. Obviously, if found today you wouldn't do that.
    hey.. its a good story, yours that is, and heard it or similar from many, many times concerning all sorts of older entites.. as you know.. you have been there and back, that is obvious.... always been a pack rat i guess i certainly would have kept crisp consec 1934 $10 notes.....just cause of my pack it away mentality....LOL

inct

I have a Swiss 100 Francs bill with the serial number 99D777777777

But I guess it is worth...100 Francs

I stack lots of stuff...
    Fiat?
    Sure!

If it isn't valuable in my lifetime, certainly it will be for the grandkids...
    I'm happy knowing I did something for them

Oh, yeah...

Some here have hinted about digital fiat...the $10 note is going to change in 5 years...there has been discussion about a "new" fiat...

If/when any of this occurs, all previous examples will go up in value

Keep Stacking

Just wait until they change the composition of nickels...

Since have been a philatelist for over 4 decades, I enjoy the art and design of old currency. Plus it is really an education for someone when you can show them a silver or gold certificate or a large US Dollar, or even Confederate paper money.

On a side note, holding a cover (that is an envelope that has been canceled) that was delivered via a Zeppelin or censored US mail from WWII is priceless. Having history at your fingertips makes it come alive.

I also enjoy museums. If you ever get a chance, visit the Edison/Ford museum in FL. Until I went there, I never knew that Edison has an ideal of building affordable housing out of concrete. Interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Just wait until they change the composition of nickels...

Since have been a philatelist for over 4 decades, I enjoy the art and design of old currency. Plus it is really an education for someone when you can show them a silver or gold certificate or a large US Dollar, or even Confederate paper money.

On a side note, holding a cover (that is an envelope that has been canceled) that was delivered via a Zeppelin or censored US mail from WWII is priceless. Having history at your fingertips makes it come alive.

I also enjoy museums. If you ever get a chance, visit the Edison/Ford museum in FL. Until I went there, I never knew that Edison has an ideal of building affordable housing out of concrete. Interesting idea.
    i collect treasury art plates... as you may know ATLAS..lol

inct

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    hey.. its a good story, yours that is, and heard it or similar from many, many times concerning all sorts of older entites.. as you know.. you have been there and back, that is obvious.... always been a pack rat i guess i certainly would have kept crisp consec 1934 $10 notes.....just cause of my pack it away mentality....LOL

inct
    I have always thought the silver certificates of 1934 were the prettiest notes in all small sized currency, especially the one and the tens...
    Build a fire and warm a man for a day.
    Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
    .:

If you see something...Shoot something! Ima Hunter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12