Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a "Satin" or "Matte" 1922 Peace Dollar?

Great let's hear some more opinions! I have never submitted a coin to be graded. Should it be sent in a flip or airtite? I figured airtite for protection.

Yes and if you don't get the grade you want just send it back for a regrade.
    "That's not money" - Ben Bernanke

Bump, looking for some more opinions. If this isn't the rare one I don't think it would grade high making it not worth it but will try anyway soon.

I won this one today. Seems to me kinda satiny, matty but it's a '23. Coin won't be here until next week.

peace1.jpg

Interesting! Plan to send it in to be graded? I'm thinking it'll just be best to send mine in as they are so rare that if it is one of the rare ones guessing is only possible on here and I knew that.

I would be obviously very happy to get it back and it be rare! Any ideas on about what I may see on a grade?

Quote Originally Posted by InsomniacSilver View Post
    Interesting! Plan to send it in to be graded? I'm thinking it'll just be best to send mine in as they are so rare that if it is one of the rare ones guessing is only possible on here and I knew that.

I would be obviously very happy to get it back and it be rare! Any ideas on about what I may see on a grade?
    go for it, grade it, it looks hardly worn at all from photos..that way your mind will be settled, no> LOL..
    i believe it is only a common 22 in AU or UNC and possibly MS state from the photos, that is my "photographic" opinion..,,not the rare high relief...

best

inct

First time sending in, I think I'll use NGC so which is the best option to use for this type of coin?

Anyone else have any opinions? What would cause the coin to fade (if it's not the rare one)? It's been kept safely and I've never seen anything like it before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12