Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Graded Gold spotting policy NGC / PCGS

Quote Originally Posted by dirt weasel View Post
    To me numismatics involve coins that were put into circulation to be used as money. These coins will always have a premium over spot depending on rarity.
    Buying something like a rare Dahlonega or California gold coin will hold its value over time. But just try and get your money back from a first stike, signed, cameo, burnished, star label ms 70 "bullion"... coin good luck.
    Graded bullion is just fad created by the grading companies and shopping networks etc. much like beanie babies (in the box with the tag).
    I've not gotten rich from flipping modern, graded 70, bullion but I've made more money than I've lost doing this.

Graded bullion maybe just be a "fad" in your opinion, but in my opinion; I doubt it is, as there is still a majority who don't even collect base metals.
    To call it a fad is somewhat disingenuous but I get your meaning.

Today, I'm selective on what graded bullion I purchase, what year bullion I purchase, what grade of the bullion I purchase, what label I purchase and which companies slab it's in

I guarantee, I'll make money on most of my graded bullion pieces. No brainer

eh, guess I won't be selling any to you, but that's o.k., there are thousands more potential customers waiting out there to buy my stuff when I eventually put it out there for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Change View Post
    I've not gotten rich from flipping modern, graded 70, bullion but I've made more money than I've lost doing this.

Graded bullion maybe just be a "fad" in your opinion, but in my opinion; I doubt it is, as there is still a majority who don't even collect base metals.
    To call it a fad is somewhat disingenuous but I get your meaning.

Today, I'm selective on what graded bullion I purchase, what year bullion I purchase, what grade of the bullion I purchase, what label I purchase and which companies slab it's in

I guarantee, I'll make money on most of my graded bullion pieces. No brainer

eh, guess I won't be selling any to you, but that's o.k., there are thousands more potential customers waiting out there to buy my stuff when I eventually put it out there for sale
    That is great, but I don't see it standing the test of time...there is a sucker born every minute.
    I bet the grading companies would grade a hand poured bar if you paid them, why not someone wants them in ms 70 and will pay for it... I personally do not see the appeal.

That is great, but I don't see it standing the test of time...there is a sucker born every minute.
    I bet the grading companies would grade a hand poured bar if you paid them, why not someone wants them in ms 70 and will pay for it... I personally do not see the appeal.
    IDK...
    I got a couple 2011S Silver Eagles, not even MS70...bullion type pieces...always be valuable
    Got some older First Strike labeled Silver Eagles, less than MS70...bullion type pieces...always be valuable

The appeal is to buy low and sell high and that's not going to happen if you don't play. There's a very broad market for bullion pieces so that means the market should remain active far beyond my lifetime unless one considers SHTF and what all that could constitute but that's another story for another time

I don't care for using the "sucker" terminology.

That small plastic widget you bought in the last week, for $5, cost 50 to make...so, you'd be a sucker, right?

I don't think so but based upon your verbiage, you do

Last edited by dirt weasel; 04-21-2015 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Change View Post
    Yeah sucker is a bit much... lets just go with "chump"

To me numismatics involve coins that were put into circulation to be used as money. These coins will always have a premium over spot depending on rarity.
    Buying something like a rare Dahlonega or California gold coin will hold its value over time. But just try and get your money back from a first stike, signed, cameo, burnished, star label ms 70 "bullion"... coin good luck.
    Graded bullion is just fad created by the grading companies and shopping networks etc. much like beanie babies (in the box with the tag).
    Yup, perfect answer!!!! I got a Pcgs ms70 first strike eagle and there is a toning spot the size of about 1 mm on the breast of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmhey View Post
    Yup, perfect answer!!!! I got a Pcgs ms70 first strike eagle and there is a toning spot the size of about 1 mm on the breast of all places.
    It is good quality easily recognizable bullion so it is worth a little over spot, I'll give you $18 as is... grab a hammer and bust it out of that plastic and I'll give you $18.50.
    It is worth the same before and after it was graded. That is the great thing about modern bullion..it is what it is.
    To me bullion is like antiques or coins in that rarity and age are what makes it more valuable. A old beat up hand poured mining bar is worth a lot more than any modern bullion.
    Last edited by dirt weasel; 05-02-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Yes sir, I always prefer proof eagles in their original box and coa. take a look at ebay right now, PCGS pf70 1994 key date silver eagle regularly going for 1200$ + !! what a joke
    "That's not money" - Ben Bernanke

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    Yes sir, I always prefer proof eagles in their original box and coa. take a look at ebay right now, PCGS pf70 1994 key date silver eagle regularly going for 1200$ + !! what a joke
    The joke is on the buyer when they go to sell them in a few years... I'll trade you this! for ten of them shiny bullions, this is a good deal beacause they want $375,000.00 for the ms 70 LOL http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Princes...3D171770773710
    Last edited by dirt weasel; 05-06-2015 at 06:50 PM.

I will buy any Graded Modern Bullion for $2.00 over. PM please.
    Gold is the money of Kings; Silver is the money of Gentlemen; Barter is the money of Peasants; but Debt is the money of Slaves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast