Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3474787980818283848586 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Accumulation

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    What number is the VWAP in terms of bitcoin price?

Ah, I just looked at your post before your last and see that it's difficult/impossible to correlate btc price to it. A shame.

However a very rough interpretation could be that the dark band (the VWAP?) is in the high $13,000s. Which is really interesting vis a vis the webbot data as a predictive linguistics tool is if it gets to 13,880 dollars sometime in the next week or so it would really meet the prediction made when BTC was like $1000 (I think back in 2016 but I can't confirm and just going on what I remember).
    Dunno, I was going to look in netdaina and try to figure it out but netdania does not offer VWAP as an indicator. It has an 'awesome indicator', whatever that is, but no VWAP.

Stockcharts has vwap like TC2000 but no bitcoin.

Netdania has Weighted moving average, but that is not the same as volume weighted moving price.

But netdaina also does not update any pricing info when the futures markets are closed.

So I dunno...
    Last edited by IceAged; 02-10-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

Quote Originally Posted by IceAged View Post
    . . . If there was an un-leveraged vehicle that consolidated all of the exchanges, maybe. . .
    Isn't that what the "legitimate" currency exchanges do?

Looking to add a little just above $8500 and just below there.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherDave View Post
    Isn't that what the "legitimate" currency exchanges do?
    No, the forex exchanges are leveraged.

Litcoin up 34% at time of this post. Seems pretty stretched to me. Wonder what your VWAP would show for it. I'm not buying any here but am letting what I hold ride at least for the moment. Don't know what next hour may bring, maybe I sell a bit of it. Probably should.,

Quote Originally Posted by IceAged View Post
    This is my #1 ATM (but I wont play it...) too much down side risk IMO

Attachment 29209
    Target hit ( I was busy this week and did not get to post the exact day, but the breakdown backtest target was hit and IMO downtrend will continue)

GBTC.JPG

The WVAP is not too useful in that case. Bitcoin did not approach the same area as would have correlated to the earlier points. Of course the correlation was never a given in the first place - only could guess by comparing a BTC/USD daily chart to the WVAP chart of whatever that is, a security if i recall correctly.

I have another sell order for a bit higher than current price and a buy sitting quite a bit lower.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    The WVAP is not too useful in that case. Bitcoin did not approach the same area as would have correlated to the earlier points. Of course the correlation was never a given in the first place - only could guess by comparing a BTC/USD daily chart to the WVAP chart of whatever that is, a security if i recall correctly.

I have another sell order for a bit higher than current price and a buy sitting quite a bit lower.
    Hey the Y2K, not sure what tools you have to look at BTC/USD, but VWAP is just an indicator like the 20DMA, if you are interested if seeing if BTC is indeed using VWAP as technical support resistance just look and see if VWAP is available in you charting proggy. I use 100 as the period for all time frames. 2H/D/W/M. The lines above and below are simply % deviation band away from VWAP (knida like bolinger, but bolinger is standard deviations) I just use 1/2/3/5/10/20/40/60/80/100 percent away from VWAP for the upper and lower bands.

Also GBTC only trade M-F from 9-4

I just do have any interest ATM on trading BTC (or any cryptos) else I would definiltly look into tradingview or other tools to find one that supports VWAP for the cryptos.

Many of the algos use VWAP, that why the buy sell limits work.

Have not found any security or commodity yet thus far that is not 'resepecting' VWAP

Best indicator I have found thus far and I use many.

I hear you. I didn't mean VWAP is not useful although it read like it. I meant not useful to try to look at the VWAP chart for the security you've tracked (I think GBTC?) and to correlate that to a same time period chart of BTC. The first VWAP you posted looked like the high was same time as the high for BTC, the low same, etc... so I took a guess at where BTC would be when the VWAP GTBC chart showed the mean being hit. I guessed, incorrectly, around $13,000 but as happened the VWAP mean was hit and BTC had just come back to about 10K.

I appreciate your posting the charts.