Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 357579808182838485

Thread: Bitcoin Accumulation

I sold a little BTC just below $10800. A guess: probably heading for a point somewhere between $9310 and $9660. I will evaluate as things progress and may put in a buy order near $9700.

edit to add: decided to place a sell order just above $12700 and a buy order near $9400. I placed the sell on the chance that BTC takes a fast shot at the $13,800 Feb number that has gotten so much attention courtesy of the webot thing.
    Last edited by ynot2k; 02-19-2018 at 12:03 AM. Reason: per edit to add

The inverted head and shoulders suggest 12k - 14k

Thanks for the info Rob. That seems plausible if we continue up for awhile.

If that happens do you think price consolidates around there or do you see more visits to the downside (from that 12k to 14k area) before moving up again?

It seems we're always going to have dips no matter what level the price goes to near-term. The web-bot is saying $12,800 will be hit 3 times then never returning to that level, similar to what it did at $420 and also that when it hits 50-60 it will drop back down to 30-40. Until there's enough money in the system we should expect occasional 50% pullbacks. I'm hearing anecdotally that there is big money on the sidelines waiting to come in once the trend is undoubtedly rising again. This rumor is supported (in my mind at least) by Super Mario saying last week that he expects the ECB to be holding btc soon. If institutional FOMO hits we could still be on track for $50K-$100K this year and that Mr. McAfee's parts will remain intact.

If 12,800 is hit again that would be the 3rd time, I suppose. I have a tendency to "believe" the Webbot however I have become skeptical of it and High for a number of reasons and about a number of things. I can acknowledge that I am likely swayed by FUD but it is what it is.

Regarding large $$ on the sidelines, institutions, ECB etc possibly getting in - did you see the link by Oak33 https://gold-forum.kitco.com/showthr...ion-of-bitcoin regarding the $400 million buy? Googling around about that brings up the speculation that it may have been institutional money. Looking at the wallet history I believe lends some possible credence to the idea as it seems a bit of testing was done before the big jumps in (the wallet was added to significantly before the $400 million buy)

Thanks for your posts they are interesting.

happy hours are back

buy those dips

LOL Yellowsnow

although I really dislike jsnip4. He is just plain dumb and appears to me as a snake oil salesmen, if he was actually representative of the space I would exit quickly. But I think, thankfully, is he is just trying to get something from those who go along with his crappy spiel and deal.