Page 7 of 176 FirstFirst 123456789101112131757107 ... LastLast

Thread: OIL..

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    It is good for someone, sure.

Everyone keep on subscribing to Netflix, cable, order on Amazon and use that credit card, buy that new car on credit and max out that mortgage...it's the right thing to do.
    it IS Atlas! Unless you want the Terrorists To Win!!!!!
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBones View Post
    Hi Doc... I have a question concerning your chart.

Are you saying that Oil production peaked at around 9.43 million barrels a day because we have achieved "peak production", or is it that the oil price fell to a level a month ago that made it unproductive to produce at those prices so the oil companies started to shut down the wells?

Shutting down the wells on purpose for financial reasons is different from "peak production"... which implies that oil can no longer be produced at those levels.

Peak Production? Touché! But I feel a title for a future thread coming on!!!

OK. So I misappropriated the term "Peak gold" and "Peak silver" production merely for purposes of hyping a thread...

I admit it.

In my peak gold and peak silver threads, I simply meant that there was decline in the commodity production cycle due to years of low prices causing miners to not invest in exploration and discovery and to invest less in the opening of new mines. I would presume the same should hold for oil later this year.

Whether gold production will increase or not in future years is a function of both the price of gold (a higher price can drive more investment in exploration and discovery) and declining ore grades (it's getting tougher to find good gold deposits). Same for silver. Same for oil.

So I am using "peak production" in the sense that we may never pass this way again, but it is only a possibility, not a certainty.

More certainly, commodity cycles have their peaks and valleys, and I believe this commodity cycle has "peaked" in terms of gold and silver production. Oil has not peaked yet, as far as I can tell, but I believe the peak is coming within the next year...
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some men’s principle to pay interest, and seems against others’ interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    http://marketwatch.com WTF? oil is JUMPING... what happened? consumption just increase like 100% or what?
    57.85.............. thought there was a Glut?
    x3

57.85.............. thought there was a Glut?
    thought?...there is a glut!!.. that is undeniable.
    other has MUCH influence on oil prices ya know..

inct

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    thought?...there is a glut!!.. that is undeniable.
    other has MUCH influence on oil prices ya know..

inct
    OK.. so WHY is it going up Captain?
    Last edited by silverone; 04-23-2015 at 10:56 AM.
    x3

OK.. so WHY is it going Captain?
    why is what going...

trying hard to get outside and enjoy the air and season...LOL

okay why>>>>>because worry of possible supply disruptions in the ME and weak data from China raised prospects for economic stimulus.......... that is what i read............. so oil is up over 64 for brent...so what !!... lest look again in 30 days..?? the glut will still be there..

Chinese manufacturing data showed contraction and “the worst print for a year, which puts us back into the realm of ‘bad is good’ — stirring up further stimulus murmurs and rumors,” said Matt Smith, a commodity analyst at Schneider Electric.
    China is the world’s second-largest oil consumer, and its oil demand is linked to economic growth.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ris...oil-2015-04-23

dont forget who is using a lot of the oil...yes CHINA!!

there is a glut that is a fact ask OPEC! it is a commodity, you know how commodities are jumpy in either direction, on a myriad OF MOST ANYTHING.. SOPRY FOR THE CAPS ON..

????inct

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    why is what going...

trying hard to get outside and enjoy the air and season...LOL

okay why>>>>>because worry of possible supply disruptions in the ME and weak data from China raised prospects for economic stimulus.......... that is what i read............. so oil is up over 64 for brent...so what !!... lest look again in 30 days..?? the glut will still be there..

Chinese manufacturing data showed contraction and “the worst print for a year, which puts us back into the realm of ‘bad is good’ — stirring up further stimulus murmurs and rumors,” said Matt Smith, a commodity analyst at Schneider Electric.
    China is the world’s second-largest oil consumer, and its oil demand is linked to economic growth.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ris...oil-2015-04-23

dont forget who is using a lot of the oil...yes CHINA!!

there is a glut that is a fact ask OPEC! it is a commodity, you know how commodities are jumpy in either direction, on a myriad OF MOST ANYTHING.. SOPRY FOR THE CAPS ON..

????inct
    forgot to put in the UP part... $58.07 now... so, i guess when pretty much EVERYTHING is slowing Economy wise oil goes UP.. thanks Captain! must be all part of the New Normal!
    x3

forgot to put in the UP part... $58.07 now... so, i guess when pretty much EVERYTHING is slowing Economy wise oil goes UP.. thanks Captain! must be all part of the New Normal!
    I am going to short oil....soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    I am going to short oil....soon.
    atlas. ALAS!!??..........you are in the game?

say its not so?

inct

yes the new normal is a tad frightlike, but it is what it is..

inct