Page 6 of 176 FirstFirst 1234567891011121656106 ... LastLast

Thread: OIL..

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsUpDoc1958 View Post
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
    Salvor Hardin, Mayor, Terminus, 17 to ?, FE (Foundation Era)
    Foundation, by Isaac Asimov

I'm still thinking we haven't bottomed yet, but I'm thinking $35 to $39.99 will be the low for the year.
    I am still thinking lower...we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Once all the tankers, land storage and 5 gallon buckets are filled...then it will drop.
    yup.. and that is, has been a place of good investing, as has been found over the last several months...transport and storage of oil stocks.....

glut is a glut...we will continue on a glut for an unforeseen time.... leat see what the dollar does too, oil a funny black gold....

oil to drop again.....yup!

invt

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    yup.. and that is, has been a place of good investing, as has been found over the last several months...transport and storage of oil stocks.....

glut is a glut...we will continue on a glut for an unforeseen time.... leat see what the dollar does too, oil a funny black gold....

oil to drop again.....yup!

invt
    I just organized my five gallon buckets and have an empty 275 gallon tote. I am ready to do my part to soak up the glut... LOL.

Wish it would hurry up and crash, I want to jump back in!

$55.57..... currently.
    x3

Default Oil Bulls vs. Oil Bears: The Facts

Oil Bulls vs. Oil Bears: The Facts

Everyone has an opinion on where the price of oil is headed.

Bulls believe that production in the US—the world’s new “swing producer”—has topped out at 9.42 million barrels per day.

Oil bears, on the other hand, point out that inventories are at 80-year highs. They say we’ll need to see significant drawdowns before the outlook for oil turns positive.

If you care at all about the price of oil, Marin Katusa’s latest analysis is required reading. He evaluates, in impressive detail, all of the main bull and bear arguments for oil.
    Source: Doug Casey: Most of the World's Banks Are Headed for Collapse
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some men’s principle to pay interest, and seems against others’ interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

$56.61 according to marketwatch.... they (for some reason) did not have the price UP for a while... ?
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    http://marketwatch.com WTF? oil is JUMPING... what happened? consumption just increase like 100% or what?
    marketwatch says gas prices have hit the Highest of the year.. (so far) we must assume this is a good thing right?
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    marketwatch says gas prices have hit the Highest of the year.. (so far) we must assume this is a good thing right?
    It is good for someone, sure.

Everyone keep on subscribing to Netflix, cable, order on Amazon and use that credit card, buy that new car on credit and max out that mortgage...it's the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsUpDoc1958 View Post
    Hi Doc... I have a question concerning your chart.

Are you saying that Oil production peaked at around 9.43 million barrels a day because we have achieved "peak production", or is it that the oil price fell to a level a month ago that made it unproductive to produce at those prices so the oil companies started to shut down the wells?

Shutting down the wells on purpose for financial reasons is different from "peak production"... which implies that oil can no longer be produced at those levels.