Page 5 of 176 FirstFirst 12345678910111555105 ... LastLast

Thread: OIL..

Quote Originally Posted by Will Wong View Post
    Oil could reverse short term but in the MT, I see it going up....higher highs and higher lows. Long term....No idea.
    Once all the tankers, land storage and 5 gallon buckets are filled...then it will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Nope. Other than S&P short index (a little bitty bit), I don't gamble in the market anymore. Nothing. No stocks, bonds, annuities, etc.

Since my supposition is that the entire market and economy are now controlled, it becomes a sucker bet.
    I get where you are coming from. At one point I was all out of the market. During my diversification into hard asset phase.

But now that I've got some houses / land / man-toys / collectibles / cash / etc. I figured I would get back into the market to a point, with that, most of my market positions are based on companies that produce hard assets or commodities (stuff people need - oil, gas, coal, food, electricity, telecom, agriculture), also in Russia/China/Brasil ETF's. And most everything I am in pays dividends, low P/E, beaten down companies with a lot of cash on the books and deep pockets. And as mentioned, my market position(s) are only about %20 of my entire portfolio. Used to be that my entire savings/retirement funds were %100 market, but those days are over for me for the same reason you have sited above. So I have similar stance as yourself, but not exactly. But everyone's situation is different so what feels right for me, will most likely not fit most others.

IceAged
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

Default Oil to the 20's???

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Ice, that is what all the specs think. We shall see, but I still think we see another collapse in oil this year...to the 20s.
    Atlas, it looks like I found another thing where we disagree.

I am more bullish on oil than I was with gold 10 years ago. I'm calling for an easy $75/ bbl this year. I'm betting large on this one - as if I had a lock.

Realize I'm one of those liberals who's not a fan of Big Oil but when it comes to greed, I don't get handicapped by little things like principle.

Atlas, we'll see how this shakes out.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BodieGhost View Post

I am more bullish on oil than I was with gold 10 years ago. I'm calling for an easy $75/ bbl this year. I'm betting large on this one - as if I had a lock.

Realize I'm one of those liberals who's not a fan of Big Oil but when it comes to greed, I don't get handicapped by little things like principle.

Now I don't feel so lonely.

I said 'v' bottom in a previous post and looked at WTI and BRENT again both and both are 'w' bottom pattern with WTI in the lead a bit just breaking the middle of the 'w' coming out on the tail end of the 'w' and BRENT also same pattern lagging buy just a hair with the tail of the "w' about to breach the middle of the 'w'. (not gonna go into it but with 'w' bottom have much more conviction that 'v' bottom)

Not gonna bother posting charts. But my min target is $67 (WTI) and going to ride with %10-15 trailing stops on my positions. (riding naked now)

Playing the oil companies not UCO/USO though (I LIKE DIVIDENDS) and pretty sure USO/UCO deteriorate over Midterm (can't find the link where I read this) and I am thinking this will be a slow but steady ride up with corrections along the way.

I may even BTFD on a couple of more BIG oil companies
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akBdQa55b4
    (currently holding 4 and looking to possibly add 3 others if prices correct and I can find a good entry position bring my total to about %35 of my market portfolio over 7 dividends paying companies)

IceAged
    Last edited by IceAged; 04-16-2015 at 09:56 PM.
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

Is Saudi Arabia Setting the World Up for Major Oil Price Spike?
    http://time.com/3826612/saudi-arabia...ble-oil-spike/

I guess we shall see. It is both supply and demand...the unknown variable is war / terrorism...and that is in your favor. Other than that variable, we have a glut and it will get bigger as the world economy slows.

$56.92.... at the moment.
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    $56.92.... at the moment.
    The events and perceptions that are now influencing a rise is the price should tell me something about how to play this commodity in the immediate future. But I still don't get it. What has changed in the world? China lowering reserve rates??
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by IceAged View Post
    Now I don't feel so lonely.

I may even BTFD on a couple of more BIG oil companies
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akBdQa55b4
    (currently holding 4 and looking to possibly add 3 others if prices correct and I can find a good entry position bring my total to about %35 of my market portfolio over 7 dividends paying companies)

Added a 5th BIG oil company today. Wanted HAL but it was up, so got some SDRL

IceAged

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
    Salvor Hardin, Mayor, Terminus, 17 to ?, FE (Foundation Era)
    Foundation, by Isaac Asimov

I'm still thinking we haven't bottomed yet, but I'm thinking $35 to $39.99 will be the low for the year.
    Last edited by WhatsUpDoc1958; 04-20-2015 at 08:11 PM.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"