Page 4 of 176 FirstFirst 123456789101454104 ... LastLast

Thread: OIL..

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    $53.51.................................... at the moment.
    $55.95................ at the moment (up %5 today)

Dead cat bounce or 'v' bottom???

IceAged
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

Quote Originally Posted by IceAged View Post
    $55.95................ at the moment (up %5 today)

Dead cat bounce or 'v' bottom???

IceAged
    they have been saying GLUT for a long time now.... those Folks and their Manipulation Huh?
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    they have been saying GLUT for a long time now.... those Folks and their Manipulation Huh?

I will start by stating I have no idea where the price of oil is going...

But when go to Google and type in

Oil Being...

and Google finishes with

stored in large tankers at sea...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/worlds-l...oil-1421689744

I'm following the big guys.

And if I had to guess, these low prices are to drive the little guys out of business so the big guys can by them up for pennies on the dollar.

All this supply/demand oil glut looks like propaganda to me

I cannot be convinced that the world is now using %50 less oil than six months ago or conversely that twice as much is being pumped. (and if it is the latter, there is a finite amount that can be stored due to storage limitations)

So in short, I've been long oil (not UCO/USO but BIG oil companies that pay dividends) for about 2 months, had to suffer through about %10 draw down, but that has passed and up now. (got in at about $50 and rode it down to $45 and then back up collecting dividends along the way)

Thinking about setting stops to break even at this point.

IceAged
    Last edited by IceAged; 04-15-2015 at 08:50 PM.
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

Ice, that is what all the specs think. We shall see, but I still think we see another collapse in oil this year...to the 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Ice, that is what all the specs think. We shall see, but I still think we see another collapse in oil this year...to the 20s.
    Yes, I see your point, and have that as a possibility in mind, that is why I am thinking about putting the break even stops in now that I am up enough that I won't get stopped out. (hopefully)

Also not playing USO/UCO anymore, I think the market has factored/priced much more into the BIG oil companies as opposed to the raw commodity (or really the derivative being with USO/UCO being ETF's.)

Got stopped out of 3 of 4 natgas plays for a small loss each time also. But OGZPY is doin' fine

I think as far as oil and natgas goes, I'm stickin with the BIG dividend paying companies that can weather the storm.

(should have done the same with AU and AG which have been pretty much flat while NEM/ABX are up but I missed that train - looking for another entry point, ABX at $10.XX was a bargain and NEM @18 was a bargain also, I watched NEM run up and shoulda jumped on ABX which had not taken off yet, but was too busy with OIL and gas)

And I started liking Oil and Gas b/c everyone does not need gold, but everyone needs oil and gas. (and they sure are dirt cheap right now)

And with OIL it's gone beyond the paper speculators to companies leasing tankers which takes a lot more conviction.

IceAged
    Last edited by IceAged; 04-15-2015 at 09:20 PM.

We're swimming in oil and OPEC is upping production.

$35 is coming this year.

Oops. U.K. firm says big oil find not so big after all
    http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/15/inve...Latest+News%29

Just Curious,

For those expecting $50 / $40 / $30 / $20 oil...

Anyone short right now?

As mentioned, been long for 2 months in BIG oil companies.
    (4 positions/companies and about %20 of my market portfolio, and my market portfolio is about %20 of my overall, so I am about 4% overall, about %1 per company/position)

Got in at about $50. Suffered though the drawdown to 45ish. and enjoying the ride back up for the moment.

59.96 as of this post at 3pm, and up another %1 today after starting down %1 at 8am

IceAged
    Last edited by IceAged; 04-16-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceAged View Post
    Just Curious,

For those expecting $50 / $40 / $30 / $20 oil...

Anyone short right now?

As mentioned, been long for 2 months in BIG oil companies.
    (4 positions/companies and about %20 of my market portfolio, and my market portfolio is about %20 of my overall, so I am about 4% overall, about %1 per company/position)

Got in at about $50. Suffered though the drawdown to 45ish. and enjoying the ride back up for the moment.

59.96 as of this post at 3pm, and up another %1 today after starting down %1 at 8am

IceAged
    Nope. Other than S&P short index (a little bitty bit), I don't gamble in the market anymore. Nothing. No stocks, bonds, annuities, etc.

Since my supposition is that the entire market and economy are now controlled, it becomes a sucker bet.

Oil could reverse short term but in the MT, I see it going up....higher highs and higher lows. Long term....No idea.