Page 13 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718192363113 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 1760

Thread: OIL..

  1. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    strange times?..maybe so, i will agree

    theses strange times offer much to invest in...many will wait till a correction if it is stocks, etfs, whatever.. some folks should get LONG on a few entries though NOW.... imo.

    good luck

    inwv
    Remember the 3rd Q...fast approaching.


    Let's see what the money master overlords do. They either have to raise rates in June or September of wait until 2017. 2016 is too political. I still say they raise rates this year.

  2. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stackymcstacker View Post
    It's this middling stuff that is maddening. I can handle a crash, I can handle a full recovery, it's this meandering I despise. This is why I don't try to trade, stops and robbers, can't abide it . BTF 75% D, hang on and cash the div checks.
    Yepper,

    This middle ground is grueling...

    Assuming this is a bull market...

    I am expecting a pop up monday to draw in more 'suckers' (there a bullish hammer on WTI and a bullish doji on BRENT)

    And Then, The market almost has to go do 'it's job' and

    a) go and retest support at 58ish.
    b) backfill the manic move up from 57->59
    c) go and retest the 50DMA at 52ish (and shake out the weak hands)



    OBS - It's certainly a lot more interesting than watching the POG which has been a boring $1180ish for like what seems like forever.
    (I goes days, even weeks now without intentionally checking the POG, I see it on Yahoo finance main page when looking at tickers and data, but not intentionally looking for it when big financial or geo-political news presents itself)

    The one thing I don't see anyone stating is 'oil to remain flat for the next 'X' years/months'.

    IceAged
    Last edited by IceAged; 05-08-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

  3. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Remember the 3rd Q...fast approaching.


    Let's see what the money master overlords do. They either have to raise rates in June or September of wait until 2017. 2016 is too political. I still say they raise rates this year.
    Hey there Atlas

    So what are your thoughts Atlas on a rate hike if you don't mind sharing?
    (I realize you are stacking physical cash, and coinage from other posts but just curious on what your thoughts on a rate hike would do)



    Is is something like any substantial rate hike equals...
    OIL $30
    USD 120
    Dow sub 10000
    Silver Sub $10

    As far as gold I am starting to wonder if the USD really is 'as good as gold'?

    USD up Gold = $1180ish
    USD down Gold = 1180ish
    USD sideways Gold = 1180ish

    (and of course I mean FRN's not USD's)

    On a side note, I am starting to wonder about Q3/September
    Too many talking heads (FED/IMF/Banksters and even the Shemitah guys) talking September.
    I am starting to wonder if we might get a 'surprise' in JUNE. (or nothing happens in Q3 and everyone gets complacent then the SHTF time TBD)
    Talking heads directing TOO MUCH focus on September.
    Although Q3/SEPT/OCT does historically seem to be the time of year for market disruptions.



    IceAged
    Last edited by IceAged; 05-08-2015 at 10:51 PM.
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    strange times?..maybe so, i will agree

    theses strange times offer much to invest in...many will wait till a correction if it is stocks, etfs, whatever.. some folks should get LONG on a few entries though NOW.... imo.

    good luck

    inwv
    Hey there Captain,

    Yes, those are my thoughts, Just hope I am on the right side of these LONG's

    IceAged
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

  5. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceAged View Post
    Yepper,

    This middle ground is grueling...

    Assuming this is a bull market...

    I am expecting a pop up monday to draw in more 'suckers' (there a bullish hammer on WTI and a bullish doji on BRENT)

    And Then, The market almost has to go do 'it's job' and

    a) go and retest support at 58ish.
    b) backfill the manic move up from 57->59
    c) go and retest the 50DMA at 52ish (and shake out the weak hands)


    Depending on the price action Monday/Tuesday I am thinking about on putting a hedge on to soften what I see as the expected downside correction.

    I am not a big EW guru, but I think WAVE I up is complete.

    And WAVE II starting

    Wave II will either be sideways flat or 3 wave correction to the downside (hoping for the former, betting the latter)

    Thinking about putting on a ~%60 hedge with 3x Bear ETF

    That way the dividend plays will not get stopped out and I will buffer the downside during Wave II and be there for the WAVE III party

    Anyone else have any thoughts on this? or any feedback? Or 3x Oil Bear ETF's to look at?

    IceAged
    Last edited by IceAged; 05-09-2015 at 01:27 PM.
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

  6. #126

    Default

    I'm predicting that Atlas will be gone by the 3rd quarter. I believe he is a man of his word.

  7. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logical View Post
    I'm predicting that Atlas will be gone by the 3rd quarter. I believe he is a man of his word.
    Where am I going?

    I stated I would not talk about the stock market (if we don't have a major correction)...not leave KITCO...although I have dramatically diminished my time here already.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Where am I going?

    I stated I would not talk about the stock market (if we don't have a major correction)...not leave KITCO...although I have dramatically diminished my time here already.
    Yeah, where are you off to, the debuton ball ?

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalIronSteel View Post
    Yeah, where are you off to, the debuton ball ?
    My wife may qualify for a debutante ball, but I certainly don't.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    My wife may qualify for a debutante ball, but I certainly don't.
    I tried to send you a personal message, but the result was futile. Happy Mother's Day to Mrs. Shrugged..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •