Page 12 of 176 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617182262112 ... LastLast

Thread: OIL..

Quote Originally Posted by IceAged View Post
    Hi Ryan

Thanks for the heads up. (I saw you post in another thread about SDRL)

Stops set to even. Up %13 so hopefully that gives it room to run if it wants to and protect the downside if not.

IceAged
    Oil up %3 $60.70

SDRL up 12% today and %27 since entry. Yee Haw!!!

IceAged
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

Yee Haw indeed.

Default Is This The Top For Oil Prices For Now?

This makes it sound like we will not be seeing the $20s or $30s as some have predicted.

The large amount of debt held by the shale oil industry is pushing the "Drill, baby, drill" syndrome.
    The shale oil industry will "drill, drill, drill" until the bankruptcy auctioneers sell the equipment.

Is This The Top For Oil Prices For Now?
    By Leonard Brecken
    Posted on Wed, 06 May 2015

However, the Ponzi game in shale oil, having to continuously drill to replace 80% 12 month decline rates in existing production and having to burn yet more cash in doing so, is continuing to push production higher.
    However, weaker economic growth in the US as well as, in all likelihood, the failure of QE in Europe as well as China, will ultimately weigh on demand.
    Secondly, the private equity monies sloshing around (some $50B) will also allow these broken shale models to continue versus allowing the market to efficiently bankrupt the weaker producers while rewarding the strong ones while overall reducing output.
    The recent EIA & API fall in oil stockpiles is encouraging (EIA reported a 3.9MB weekly drop) as well as data indicating that production is flattening, as reported by EIA. But unless the market players show better discipline, and investors better judgment in not allocating monies to broken models, prices will remain depressed.
    Overall we are not expecting WTI prices to revisit the $40s again...
    Last edited by WhatsUpDoc1958; 05-06-2015 at 04:39 PM.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Quote Originally Posted by stackymcstacker View Post
    I got stopped out to the upside with NADL (is that a thing?) I bought in at 1.16 and it ran to 1.75 quickly so I had to sell and hope for a crash to get back in. SDRL backs NADL's debt. I'm really hoping for an Atlas move to pick up more oil. I would love to see NADL under 1.30.
    Should come back down once reality sets in, so you may get your wish. Nice doji gravestone on the oil chart today.
    Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 05-06-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Should come back down once reality sets in, so you may get your wish. Nice doji gravestone on the oil chart today.

Yep, Saw that too, along with the price action today with the OIL CO's. It's been running hard to the upside for a while. due for correction. Support at 58ish.

(now I gotta decide, exit or suffer through the draw down, was up %2 overall at the open and even at the close over entire portfolio, which was still better the the SNP. I might bail if 59 is violated)

On a side note, Dollar down, stocks down in general, pms down slightly. Where's the 'money' going?

IceAged
    Last edited by IceAged; 05-06-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

Yep, Saw that too, along with the price action today with the OIL CO's. It's been running hard to the upside for a while. due for correction. Support at 58ish.

(now I gotta decide, exit or suffer through the draw down, was up %2 overall at the open and even at the close over entire portfolio, which was still better the the SNP. I might bail if 59 is violated)

On a side note, Dollar down, stocks down in general, pms down slightly. Where's the 'money' going?
    IceAged
    It vaporized. Most of the market is neck deep in leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    It vaporized. Most of the market is neck deep in leverage.
    It seems that way.

Suffering through the draw down, (at least for now) don't have time to trade this puppy.

The Oil Co's do not seem to be getting hit as hard on the oil pull back.
    (just going to collect my dividends and exercise patience)

Almost bailed on everything yesterday morning (and take profit),

Oil was up %3 overnite yesterday and going into the opening bell dropped to %2.5. Could see this coming.

Mid/Long term. Still bullish on oil.

IceAged

It's this middling stuff that is maddening. I can handle a crash, I can handle a full recovery, it's this meandering I despise. This is why I don't try to trade, stops and robbers, can't abide it . BTF 75% D, hang on and cash the div checks.

Quote Originally Posted by stackymcstacker View Post
    It's this middling stuff that is maddening. I can handle a crash, I can handle a full recovery, it's this meandering I despise. This is why I don't try to trade, stops and robbers, can't abide it . BTF 75% D, hang on and cash the div checks.
    Yep, Done trading, I'll just suffer through the drawdowns and collect dividend checks

All my energy resource plays were down some today which span Oil / Gas / Coal (apparently now everything CAN run on unicorn farts)

This goes for my agricultural plays as well. (I guess people don't need to eat anymore)

But, I might just get a chance to grab some HAL which will complete my shopping list.

OBS, My utility plays were up (two beaten down electrical companies)

And My telecom plays were all up. I guess everyone just needs there droid or ithing device + facebook and twitter and all is well.
    (On a side note, I personally have never tweeted, nor do I have a FB account)

Strange times we live in indeed

IceAged
    Last edited by IceAged; 05-07-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Yep, Done trading, I'll just suffer through the drawdowns and collect dividend checks

All my energy resource plays were down some today which span Oil / Gas / Coal (apparently now everything CAN run on unicorn farts)

This goes for my agricultural plays as well. (I guess people don't need to eat anymore)

But, I might just get a chance to grab some HAL which will complete my shopping list.

OBS, My utility plays were up (two beaten down electrical companies)

And My telecom plays were all up. I guess everyone just needs there droid or ithing device + facebook and twitter and all is well.
    (On a side note, I personally have never tweeted, nor do I have a FB account)

Strange times we live in indeed

IceAged
    strange times?..maybe so, i will agree

theses strange times offer much to invest in...many will wait till a correction if it is stocks, etfs, whatever.. some folks should get LONG on a few entries though NOW.... imo.

good luck

inwv