Page 101 of 176 FirstFirst ... 51919596979899100101102103104105106107111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1760

Thread: OIL..

  1. #1001

    Default

    The deflation monster rears it's ugly head....

  2. #1002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    we still use planes, train, ship, trucks, cars, tractors, motorbikes. I guess oil is pretty safe. I doubt the fed would convert the petro dollar to lithium dollar.
    I've read that VW is set to have a bunch of electric cars out in 2020 & switch over to all electric by 2030, so some people out there are predicting a world where oil is not nearly as important as it is now.

    Of course, future speculation is not nearly as accurate as hindsight, so we shall see.

  3. #1003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    we still use planes, train, ship, trucks, cars, tractors, motorbikes. I guess oil is pretty safe. I doubt the fed would convert the petro dollar to lithium dollar.

    the first electric car was invented back in 1828. I don't even have a numi coin that go back that early. Congrats to tesla and vw for re-inventing EV again. Actually it was Japanese that brought us first hybrid car. I wonder why they didn't offer full EV back then? I don't believe Japanese engineers are any less competent than tesla or VW engineers. In fact, I feel Japanese engineers are superior to western engineers in electronic control and power. When mercede benz offered competing models to lexus line up, early mercede benz were thwart with electronic snafu. . Those

    Back to the point, moving to EV without changing energy production will still rely on fossil fuel.
    Japanese car makers probably know something about EV and not rushing into EV.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 12-18-2018 at 11:32 PM.

  4. #1004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    the first electric car was invented back in 1828. I don't even have a numi coin that go back that early. Congrats to tesla and vw for re-inventing EV again. Actually it was Japanese that brought us first hybrid car. I wonder why they didn't offer full EV back then? I don't believe Japanese engineers are any less competent than tesla or VW engineers. In fact, I feel Japanese engineers are superior to western engineers in electronic control and power. When mercede benz offered competing models to lexus line up, early mercede benz were thwart with electronic snafu. . Those

    Back to the point, moving to EV without changing energy production will still rely on fossil fuel.
    Japanese car makers probably know something about EV and not rushing into EV.
    The ancient coins are awesome...check them out...not as pricey as you would think but getting more expensive all the time.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

    The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

  5. #1005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    the first electric car was invented back in 1828. I don't even have a numi coin that go back that early. Congrats to tesla and vw for re-inventing EV again. Actually it was Japanese that brought us first hybrid car. I wonder why they didn't offer full EV back then? I don't believe Japanese engineers are any less competent than tesla or VW engineers. In fact, I feel Japanese engineers are superior to western engineers in electronic control and power. When mercede benz offered competing models to lexus line up, early mercede benz were thwart with electronic snafu. . Those

    Back to the point, moving to EV without changing energy production will still rely on fossil fuel.
    Japanese car makers probably know something about EV and not rushing into EV.
    Honda still offering hybrids
    https://www.honda.ca/insight?utm_sou...FbYNrQYddw4Jng

  6. #1006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    The ancient coins are awesome...check them out...not as pricey as you would think but getting more expensive all the time.
    actually my LCS is or close #1 ancient coin dealer in my area. They look tempting.

  7. #1007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    actually my LCS is or close #1 ancient coin dealer in my area. They look tempting.
    The oldest I have is among the oldest in history....a gold 'coin' from 600 BC.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

    The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

  8. #1008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    the first electric car was invented back in 1828...
    I seem to remember that early Cadillac advertisements targeted women drivers because their electric powered cars did not require a crank start. Those cars were basically build around a gigantic lead acid battery, with primitive clapper & carbon pile controls. That was probably around either the late 20's or early 30's, so your date sounds reasonable to me. I'm trying to remember where I saw the old Cadillac signs. It may have been in the Henry Ford museum. I'm not sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    I feel Japanese engineers are superior to western engineers in electronic control and power. ...
    I know some folks in Germany that might disagree with you on that. But I have also worked side by side with drive & control engineers from Japan, so I do understand where an opinion like that could come from. The gentlemen, on those little islands over there, are a pretty bright & industrious bunch.

  9. #1009

    Default

    $45.91..........................???
    x3

  10. #1010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I seem to remember that early Cadillac advertisements targeted women drivers because their electric powered cars did not require a crank start. Those cars were basically build around a gigantic lead acid battery, with primitive clapper & carbon pile controls. That was probably around either the late 20's or early 30's, so your date sounds reasonable to me. I'm trying to remember where I saw the old Cadillac signs. It may have been in the Henry Ford museum. I'm not sure.


    I know some folks in Germany that might disagree with you on that. But I have also worked side by side with drive & control engineers from Japan, so I do understand where an opinion like that could come from. The gentlemen, on those little islands over there, are a pretty bright & industrious bunch.
    with petrol $1.5-2/gal. I don't see people switching to EV for economic reason but for novelty reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •