Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble down on the farm

Quote Originally Posted by sasksilver View Post
    used to rent my land...didnt pay dick all, and didnt have farm status so i paid a ton of tax. End of the day, the ones who run like a business do fine, the ones who treat it as a tradition....do things the same equipment as 40 years ago....are going the way of the dodo
    what is important is that WE as individuals have the skills to farm ourselves on a small scale...another tradition, as simple as growing can be, we as parents can pass down to our children, simple gardening! from understanding soil, weather and seeds... basic 101 for you to know!!

do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    what is important is that WE as individuals have the skills to farm ourselves on a small scale...another tradition, as simple as growing can be, we as parents can pass down to our children, simple gardening! from understanding soil, weather and seeds... basic 101 for you to know!!

do you know?
    wife gardens, i farm and work for farmers....2 agrologists.....so i see how farming can be super lucrative if done properly.

wife gardens, i farm and work for farmers....2 agrologists.....so i see how farming can be super lucrative if done properly.
    shall i say we all should be GENTLEMAN farmers if ya can be....

even those with out land, CAN TEACH "GROWING" AND THE NEED, FROM CONTAINER GROWING .........TO OTHER...

YES FARMING CAN BE LUCRATIVE EVEN wITHOUT SUBSIDIZED GOVT....

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    shall i say we all should be GENTLEMAN farmers if ya can be....

even those with out land, CAN TEACH "GROWING" AND THE NEED, FROM CONTAINER GROWING .........TO OTHER...

YES FARMING CAN BE LUCRATIVE EVEN wITHOUT SUBSIDIZED GOVT....
    saskatchewan isnt big on subsidys, never gotten any myself, biggest thing is people have to do it properly and be willing to do the work.

saskatchewan isnt big on subsidys, never gotten any myself, biggest thing is people have to do it properly and be willing to do the work.
    exactly and hopeful it is grass roots in all, especially gens coming up.... they literally my need the skills..

Most of the beef and hog operations are long gone from around here. You do see pasture fed beef raised for premium prices.

I see too that Canada has had a Mad Cow case reported too recently.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    Most of the beef and hog operations are long gone from around here. You do see pasture fed beef raised for premium prices.

yup.. one reason we raise a few each year,( in Connecticut) on our own "grass".... worth every penny and the time and effort and vet bills..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post

yes a case in alberta....cattle prices are in a bubble here, so hopefully this is the excuse to bring prices back to reality....just bought buffalo meat last night as i wasnt paying what people wanted for beef....would raise some myself, if i didnt hate those dumb animals.

There is a buffalo ranch not far from me. They feed them the peelings and scraps form a local ready to eat fresh fruit processor. They say they can't hardly get them to eat corn. One of the buffaloes they raised as a pet until it got too big to be in the house.....
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

All good in Saskatchewan....
    I'll second that.
    I invested in Sask farmland over the last 5 years; buy and lease.

Rent provides ~6% "dividend".
    Will be selling over the next few years to reap very healthy cap gains (300+%)

People should know that Sask land was price controlled, in a way, up until very recently.
    It's just playing catch-up (more farmers whining) but still well below everyone else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast