View Poll Results: "Should the Keptin retire?"

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 30.00%
  • No

7 70.00%
Page 206 of 235 FirstFirst ... 106156196200201202203204205206207208209210211212216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2345

Thread: Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post

stashed comfortably in iz sash.
    My name it is Dan, Dan. [Ough!]
    I am a sailor man. [Ough!]
    Somebody stole my wife. [Ough!]
    Somebody stole my KNIFE! [Ough!]

<< BUY CYCLE >>

Further poor winds battered the fleet, pushing their positions deeper into the Buy Cycle...

<< BUY CYCLE >>

Attachment 28964

Admiral Stoic (200 Day RA)
    Captain Stubborn (50 Day RA)
    Commander Young (10 Day RA)
    Captain Joshua Slane (POS)

Silver/Gold Ratio: 79:1
    Buy Cycle Age: 8 Days
    07DE17

The gales of November battered the fleet. The Silverton fell still further south and Commander Young and Captain Stubborn both increased their distance between them and the Admiral. It was clear to all that the fleet was now in a powerful Buy Cycle pattern...

"Fine as silver snails Ahh says!!", the Captain bellowed, "If it' gonna bees Buy t'an Buy it is n' Oh wuts a price wee's shal gits!"
    "Yeah! mor silvers fer mees!", Tipper celebrated.
    "Aye laddie, wee'l drain t' coffers of t' good town o' Crosskirk til they's empty!"
    "Shall Ahh sends Groober ashores wit' t' messag Sir?"
    "Right aways Lad! right aways!"

Attachment 28965
    Last edited by joshuaslane; 12-07-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Thars a pattern even I kin read! Might be time to dip inta th' RDTF soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzuar View Post
    Thars a pattern even I kin read! Might be time to dip inta th' RDTF soon.
    "Arrrrrrrrrrr! Is a beautious pattern indeeds!!", Cap'n

Mid-morning

Ilver Medicine, Redsdeli and Axwell Silverhammer found the dinghy on the south-east side of the bay and brought it around to their longboat and tied it off.

“Esterner sure wuz in a hurry ta gits ta t’ Hotel!”, Ilver said as he tied off the line.
    “Aye! Commander Galligan wuz all over hee’s arse aboot findin t’ boat snatcher!”, Redsdeli replied.
    “Wels wee’s bett’r git up ta town n’ finds t’ crew. Les’ go!”, Axewell Silverhammer said as he started up the trail.

Ten minutes found them at the Burt’s Hotel desk…

“Wee’s wit’ t’ crew o’ t’ Silverton…”, Ilver Medicine said as he showed his Royal Navy I.D.
    “They’s got room 5, upstairs to yer right. But Ahh t’ink onlee one o’ t’em is in right now.”, the clerk said with a smile.
    “Thank you mame.”, Redsdeli said with a nodd as they all made their way upstairs.
    Room 5 was third on the right and Ilver knocked on the door…

<< Knock, Knock, knock! >>

The room was silent.
    “Hmmm….’att’s queer…”, Axewell said.
    “Maybees they’s takin a nap?”, Redsdeli suggested.
    “Wels if so is time ta wake up!”, Ilver said as he tried the door knob and felt it open.

There on the floor was Esterner, silent…cold….

“Bickerin Bats! Wut’s t’is?!!”, Ilver said as he entered the room.
    “Holy Halibuts!”, Redsdeli exclaimed.

Axewell knelt down next to the body and felt for a pulse…

“Blye me! Hee’s dead as a cold clam!!”

On the other side of town...

Attachment 28967

“Fine job Ogg…”, the Lord Mayor said as he sifted the diamonds through his fingers, “Now’s we has anot’er problem…”
    “What is it Lord?’, Ogg asked.
    “That ship out there in the harbor…she’s draining the silver out of Crosskirk, ounce by ounce, everyday that goes by!”, Lord Mayor said with irritation.
    “They’re buyin Sir…”
    I know they’re buyin! D-mn it! But at these prices the mint will be broke in a week! Wee’ve got to get them out of here!
    “But how Lord?”
    “We need to put a greater concern on that Captain’s plate! That’s how!”, the Lord Mayor said as he wrung his hands, “Is the 18 pounder up on the high cliffs west of town still in good working order?”
    “Hmmm, far as I know. We shoot it every New Years…”
    “Git the boys and meet back here at 6:00pm…”
    “Yes Sir.”, Ogg replied as he got up and quickly left the room.

Attachment 28968Attachment 28969
    Last edited by joshuaslane; 12-07-2017 at 04:17 PM.

<< BUY CYCLE - TENTATIVE N' SO FORT' >>

Attachment 28970

Admiral Stoic (200 Day RA)
    Captain Stubborn (50 Day RA)
    Commander Young (10 Day RA)
    Captain Joshua Slane (POS)

Silver/Gold Ratio: 78:1
    Buy Cycle Age: 9 Days
    08DE17

Better winds finally filled the sails of the Silverton just off the coast of Crosskirk, propelling her northward, putting at least a temporary halt to her southward course. Commander Young and Captain Stubborn didn't fair quite as well and continued to tack south, increasing their distance from the Admiral.

"Cap'n! Wut's happen'd tadays?", Tipper said as he came into the Captain's cabin with a hot supper tray.
    "Ahh've been so busy countin silvers Lad, t'at Ahh jus' nows finish'd me chartin!", he replied as he tucked his napkin into his tunic, "Wussatt yer's brought me fer suppers?"
    "Fried Oysters wit' sardine dip n' fillet o' tuna Sir..."
    "Oh, me favorites! Pulls up a chair Laddie n' les' reviews t' days toget'er."

Tipper hopped up on his stool and before the Captain even noticed, pulled a fried oyster off the hot plate and dipped it into the sardine dip...

"Tadays was n' Up-Days as yer's kin sees...", the Captain said as he traced the black line upward, "N' yers knows wees doon't...?"
    "Wee's doon't buys on Up-Days!!", Tipper said quickly.
    "Hah-Hahaha! 'Att's right Laddie! Yer's is smarter t'an a blue dolphin yer's is! But lookit heres...", the Captain said as he pointed towards Commander Young's position, "Young's continued ta sail sout'!"
    "N' Stubborn too!", Tipper added.
    "Right yer's arr sonny! N' wut duz 'att doos fer t' Buy Cycle??"

Tipper scratched his head..."Ahh doon't knows!"

"Wels, in ta long runs it strengt'ens it! But onlee if t' Silverton looses ground next week. Oh it's a powerful cycle t'is one! Is likelee noot o'er yet!"

Tipper took it all in and was finally satisfied that he understood the chart. Then it was off for cards and jacks with the rest of the crew!

Attachment 28971
    Last edited by joshuaslane; 12-08-2017 at 09:40 PM.

<< "T' Cap'ns Week in Reviews N' Such" >>

Attachment 28974Attachment 28976

"Is been a long times since Ahh kins rremember a four-Buy weeks! But 'att's jus' wut wee's had! Fine as silver snails Ahh says! Oh how's Ahh luvs firm direcshun annatt! Good o' bad, is makes noo difference! Though wee's wuz batter'd by foul winds nearlees e'erdays, wee's made some fabulous buys in t' town o' Crosskirk! O'erall, t' Silverton los' two n' a half miles o' seas, loggin in on Fridays at a full six miles sout' o' t' Admiral! Now 'att is somet'ins ta writes home aboot! Now les' look 'att how's t' res' o' t' fleet did...

Commander Young los' two miles o' seas n' logged in att three n' a half miles sout' o' t' Admiral! Hee's didn't fair much bett'r t'an arrs! Ole Captain Stubborn los' onlee a half miles o' seas (t' wind up nort' mus' havs been bett'r!), loggin in at a mile sout' o' t' Admiral. N' wut' o' t' Admiral heemself? Why's even t' great rred Man-O-War los' almos' a quarter mile o' seas! Wut a weeks it wuz mates! Now God willin, Ahh'll see's all o' yerrs agin on Mondays! -Cap'n Joshua Slane

Attachment 28975
    Last edited by joshuaslane; 12-09-2017 at 06:56 PM.

6:00 as the bell chimes...

Attachment 28978

The town clock tower struck six as Ogg and three other big men made their way into the Lord Mayor’s private quarters…

“Lord, wee’s all ready…”, Ogg said.
    “Fine, fine men! Who’s t’ strongest of you three?!”, the Lord Mayor said with a sly smile.
    “Ah, I am Sir.”, the middle man said.
    “Good. Pick’s up that sack of black powder on the floor there. N’ you Ogg, pick’s up that 18 pound ball there by the door…”

The men did as they were told and stood for a moment, not sure of what was going to be asked of them.

“Now listen close, I want ya ta git up to the hilltop lawn and ram that load into the ole 18 pounder! You’ll find the ram rod next to the shed behind the trail.”
    “We’re gonna fire the 18 pounder?!”, the youngest man asked in surprise.
    Your’e gonna fire it, and you’re gonna put a hole in that ship out in the harbor!”, the Lord Mayor said.
    “Holy cow!”, the third man exclaimed with a smile.
    “And after you fire on that ship, you’re going to run like h-ll and say nothing to anyone about it!”, the Lord Mayor commanded. He then emptied out a small money bag on the table. Four gold coins rolled out. “One for each of you…if you put a hole in that ship!”
    “Oh we’ll put a hole in that ship alright! Ogg said confidently, gripping the ball like a melon, “Come-on men! There’s work to do!”

Attachment 28977
    Last edited by joshuaslane; 12-09-2017 at 07:25 PM.