Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: when does the Dow hit 20,000?

17,613 today.. melting up nicely..
    x3

17,652 today.. the recovery continues! STRONG!
    x3

17,647 today.. +13 big points.. go Wall St Go!
    x3

17,685 slow.. steady.. and so very Fake!
    x3

Busy today on the street... 17,814 -2 points... WOW! 18,000 by X-Mas???
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    Busy today on the street... 17,814 -2 points... WOW! 18,000 by X-Mas???
    Hmmm, 18,000 by Christmas ... might not be a bad bet. We're less than 175 points away right now. Could happen, I suppose (even though it's all "Fake")

Quote Originally Posted by BodieGhost View Post
    Hmmm, 18,000 by Christmas ... might not be a bad bet. We're less than 175 points away right now. Could happen, I suppose (even though it's all "Fake")
    Nah, 19K by Christmas. 22K by March, 30K by next December. If you don't have a constant grind higher, the proles will get nervous.

Default Harry Dent's Simple Strategy for Surviving Withdrawals from 'Markets on Crack'

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Nah, 19K by Christmas. 22K by March, 30K by next December. If you don't have a constant grind higher, the proles will get nervous.
    But your protege is saying something different...
    (Is he going to give you that dedication in his next book? Just kidding...)

Harry Dent's Simple Strategy for Surviving Withdrawals from 'Markets on Crack'
    The Gold Report | November 26, 2014
    Mining.com

Harry Dent:

I actually think we're probably not going to peak until early next year, perhaps around March, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average as high as 19,000. There are certain indicators we look for at a top. One we have already seen is small caps underperforming large caps without making new highs. That is one classic indicator. Another one is selling pressure increasing in a final rally, which shows you the smart money is leaving. That did not happen in this recent rally, as sharp as it was and as crazy as it looked. I call this the "markets on crack."

Bubbles act like grains of sands dropped on the floor. They form a mound that gets steeper and steeper until at some point one grain of sand causes an avalanche. Something is going to happen here that governments can't respond to and control. Germany keeps weakening. China is showing signs of unraveling and cracking, but it hasn't totally burst. . .yet.

This market is not going to crash 10% or 20%. It's going to crash worse than it did in 2008 and 2001 and 1930 and 1973. This is going to be the biggest crash ever.

TGR: What are the indicators that are warning you about this crash?

HD: We always look at demographics. The demographics for spending in Japan peaked in 1989 and pointed down in the 1990s. That was the indicator that Japan was going to have a tough decade. Germany is in an even worse predicament. It underperformed this year and will keep underperforming. That country has the steepest downtrend in demographic spending patterns of any country in the world, especially between 2014 and 2022. It is the second fastest aging country in the world. To make it worse, Germany is holding up Europe's economy at the moment. What happens to bailout efforts of the already weak countries if Germany keeps declining? China's housing bubble is cracking. Developers are discounting and the government is still encouraging overbuilding.

We are also looking at demographics in the U.S. The average age of 46 for peak baby boomer spending occurred in 2007. That plateaus until the average age of 53 and causes demographic headwinds. We're hitting that final plateau this year, 2014. That's why the governments are stimulating at such unprecedented rates, just to get 2% growth on average. I am predicting that car sales are going to start to plummet next year, and the more affluent people who peak later are going to start spending less. Next year, 2015, will be a weaker year than the markets are expecting.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

OMG it DROPPED today.. 17,776!!!!! oil bounced back though. Too Quickly!
    x3

17,205 at the moment.. 18,000 by x-mas is looking doubtful right about now!
    x3

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast