Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: when does the Dow hit 20,000?

Im expecting a market correction to 13,000-15,000 from now till next September.... I am waiting for QE 4 sometime announced next July..... and September 2017 I expect a dow of 20,000.

Zimbabweeeeeeeeeeeeee or bust

Default A DOW 20,000 thread??? What happened to 18 and 19K??? A forgone conclusion???

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Why not 40,000 or 100,000?

20,000, just a bump in the road. Just ask Bodie.
    Actually, I don't know about reaching 20K on this bull run. If so I'm fairly certain I won't be riding it that far. More than likely I'll get off at around 18.5K. I can't get too greedy as I near retirement age, ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by BodieGhost View Post
    Actually, I don't know about reaching 20K on this bull run. If so I'm fairly certain I won't be riding it that far. More than likely I'll get off at around 18.5K. I can't get too greedy as I near retirement age, ya know.
    With this bull run, or not, that I don't know either. But the odds will favor that we reach 20,000 one day, rather than never.

To rearrange my thoughts.. I actually think we see 20,000 before we see a 2008-like crash. (Don't take it as 20,000 and then a 2008-style crash. To me the 20,000 is more likely to happen in near future than a 2008-style crash)

I am really starting to get the idea that 1st, USD may be the trade of the 2015 and 2nd, the current Oil price indicates to not only cocky Arabs and OPEC overproduction, but there is a lack of demand in the world, caused by the recession. Once the Oil bottoms, a new cycle begins and if US can survive the surge in Oil, I can see a new boom doom and gloom.

I don't see what could suddenly capitulate the US market to crash. Your govt does have put you in a position where a very sudden interest rate hike will cause mayhem.. this is obviously under control. The risk is worth it. You have to give some credit to QE, it kick started US economy. We can say that the real unemployment is not as low as govt officials say, but nonetheless real GDP has grown in US and it is 10 points above the 2008 high (steady population growth giving you a definite edge here), while EU has been sitting on no real GDP growth since 2010 and we are still (roughly) 4 points below the 2008. The fearless US note devaluing that was bought in play on purpose with QE, may not be the ideal solution, but it has worked for your domestic production, while EU is sitting in recession and stagnation. The real situation in US is bad, it damn aynt better in EU or Asia.

Now there is always the black swan..

These are only my humble thoughts, and I do not wish to be agreed on, or look for acceptance. I do wish to study, give my side and contribution to the discussion. I am no 'god bless america', there is no way you will prevail in the long run and USD will fall. Though not now, and not in 2015 or 2016. Today I wouldn't be that confident saying not in 2020. The thought I am getting, will the USD be remembered as the last reserve currency..
    True Neutral

17,554 today... sunshine and unicorns all around!
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by BodieGhost View Post
    Just skipping a couple of chapters in the book.

17,573 for the weekend! oh, Baby!
    x3

Any bets on 18k?
    True Neutral

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    http://money.cnn.com yes, it really could happen.. we have entered the twilight zone.. nothing is out of the question now.
    FINANCIAL INFLATION,
    whilst the real world is in deflation

golditiki2 +++

Quote Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
    Any bets on 18k?
    18k is a sure bet.. it aint over yet??

best...

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast