Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2529303132333435

Thread: Yamana

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Yes..ouch is right word...lol Sell-down was way over done in my opinion. Barrick ABX-T took a hit on the nose a couple of days ago when they reported. Seems like a common theme these days like you say.
    Hi digbird and Dutch!

I bought on the downdraft at $3.12 hope I did not make a mistake. In my humble opinion I thought the actions of AUY were typical and made a point to buy after earnings and not before! AND LOOKY LOOKY!! a surprise write down when they report!!. -.20 was very big but it did actually make sense for them to take the tax hit all at once and in this quarter - can you imagine what the stock price would have been if they announced a write down with a LOSS?!?!

I hope the bad is finally behind us, but I have said that quarter after quarter! At one time I thought this stock was worth $20 but now in reality I think $8 would be a great price if Gold got to $1500. While I think they are moving in the right direction they really will have to establish some credibility with the stock holders and some consistency. AUY has a low stock price not because of earnings or their assets but because of management of expectations or lack thereof.

Still at low $3's with gold in the mid $1300 range it seems under priced. I will take a shot here......Probably sell in the high mid $3's if it does not go to $2.80 first.

Good to see you posting Dutch, glad your back!

A.

Hi Argentine:

Good to see you back. Agree with your thoughts. Yes, the write down hit the stock hard, but I think it was better than the option to pay over time and less costly in the end.

I think if it hit the $7.00 range I'd sell at least 3/4er's of my shares, perhaps more. I still think the stock is underpriced and especially now. I think they are slowly getting the debt paid down even if this is painful for the time being.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Hi Argentine, good to see you back too!

Mining stock performance really has been lagging the pm movements, there simply is no momentum yet and the reported numbers are terrible even with gold north of $1300.
    Write Down this, write down that, one of this, one of that.......Every time there is something that is one of and it NEVER is good -lol-
    People don't like this and therefor there are almost no buyers left.

AUY was $5+ in 2016 with gold lower than what we have now.
    Have they been watering down the stock?

$3.12 was not a bad point to buy back in Argentine, $3.8 would have been.
    I have none atm, maybe I will buy back in around $2.4 again if it gets there within a few months.
    Actually I am really torn apart in my head since on the one hand if gold and silver keep rising due to weaker USD and other circumstances the miners will become popular once again.
    On the other hand if the market crashes like 2008 the miners will crash even harder so why not wait for that moment and buy AUY at $0.50? Sorry about that thought.

This company was formed in 2003 when Gold was around $400
    Fast forward 14+ years and Gold is 1350
    Somehow they accumulated 3.34 billion in accumulated deficits in that time.
    Sure does not give one confidence in management or the future, until they prove otherwise
    If you are a trader, maybe, but not an investor
    Tells you all you need to know why the share price is where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by brutus2 View Post
    This company was formed in 2003 when Gold was around $400
    Fast forward 14+ years and Gold is 1350
    Somehow they accumulated 3.34 billion in accumulated deficits in that time.
    Sure does not give one confidence in management or the future, until they prove otherwise
    If you are a trader, maybe, but not an investor
    Tells you all you need to know why the share price is where it is.
    That! Thanks for this info!

You're right brutus2. Painful being that far in debt as it shows in the stock price. A lot of miners took on big debt at the time as acquiring good quality ground was getting very hard and they had to pay up. Hindsight, was that they were too aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    You're right brutus2. Painful being that far in debt as it shows in the stock price. A lot of miners took on big debt at the time as acquiring good quality ground was getting very hard and they had to pay up. Hindsight, was that they were too aggressive.
    But we are not going to give up, not now things seem to be changing in the financial world that could mean higher PM prices for years to come.

-Keep hope-

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post
    But we are not going to give up, not now things seem to be changing in the financial world that could mean higher PM prices for years to come.

-Keep hope-
    Yes....guess we all run on a little hopium these days. Turning around these fairly large companies takes time, but they are trying to get some of the debt paid down.

Seems to me after every long weekend or holiday gold and silver takes a punch on the nose, and worse this time as the Asian's are busy celebrating their new years so the naked short bears are in control..