Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3034353637383940

Thread: Yamana

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post
    USD is messing up my plan......Another unexpected dismal risk coming to play.
    AUY reporting next week, what to do? Gold clobbered the last few days due to rising USD....Might get very ugly this time if this is related to rising bond yields.
    Yamana has held up fairly well. I sold a bit too early.

Rising USD is a problem alright, plus now fighting the Comex shorts as well. I won't advise what to do DutchSilver. That's up to you..lol. This year the seasonality was blown out the door, so far. The quarterly report is the unknown factor here. Should be okay, but one never knows. Good luck.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Yamana has held up fairly well. I sold a bit too early.

Rising USD is a problem alright, plus now fighting the Comex shorts as well. I won't advise what to do DutchSilver. That's up to you..lol. This year the seasonality was blown out the door, so far. The quarterly report is the unknown factor here. Should be okay, but one never knows. Good luck.
    Chickened out @ $2.90
    It's $2.94 now whilst gold is down

Made a tiny profit, will have to wait again to see what is coming...Totally unpredictable markets...Glad I'm out, also dumped other stocks.
    Keeping my USD in the bank, not converting back to euro

Chickened out @ $2.90
    It's $2.94 now whilst gold is down

Made a tiny profit, will have to wait again to see what is coming...Totally unpredictable markets...Glad I'm out, also dumped other stocks.
    Keeping my USD in the bank, not converting back to euro
    Well you at least didn't get skinned alive. Why didn't you sell when it was higher? Good plan just leaving it in U$Dollars.

I'll wait this out and see if it hits a low in June/July and try to be out by October 1st. Plans may change of course, depending on the markets.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Well you at least didn't get skinned alive. Why didn't you sell when it was higher? Good plan just leaving it in U$Dollars.

I'll wait this out and see if it hits a low in June/July and try to be out by October 1st. Plans may change of course, depending on the markets.
    I sold all AUY I accumulated for the past 2 years last feb: Made $20...
    Got back in @ 2.62 before rate hike and now sold @ 2.90.

Key is not to become a bagholder! Buy and hold is stupid, that is what I learned.

Why are the miners rising with gold taking a dump??? AUY should be down 10% in the past 2 days.........this is normal!

Why are the miners rising with gold taking a dump??? AUY should be down 10% in the past 2 days.........this is normal!
    Would muse that the major miners, are finally profiting from the gains we have been seeing in the base metals.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Would muse that the major miners, are finally profiting from the gains we have been seeing in the base metals.
    Jah! I wanted to say that it was NOT normal to see miners rise with metals dropping.

Got back into AUY, not much but still

AUY ok Q1 results, if gold can stay this high for the next 6 months it will only get better