Editor's Picks
by Daniela Cambone

Last week, I discovered you can eat gold, and this week I learned that drinking silver might prevent the Ebola virus. There truly is never a dull moment in the precious metals community!

This week also marked the five-year celebration of Kitco News. I was the first team-member of the media department and thought back in 2009, ‘hey, let’s cover a conference.’ I didn’t know what I was stepping into when I chose the PDAC, not knowing at the time it would be an event with 50,000 people and one of the world’s most important mining conferences. I -- alongside our videographer Louie (who I had just met) -- headed to Toronto for the show. We were greeted by many, “Kitco has a news team?” Everyone knew the Kitco-name but no one had a clue we had started a media department. Five years later, Louie and our 10-member news team plan out conferences one year in advance and our interview schedule is booked six months out. We have come a long way and we thank you for your support!

This week’s edition of the newsletter is a summary of our celebration coverage. We brought back our original guests including: CPM’s Jeff Christian, Dr. Martin Murenbeeld, Brent Cook, and the silver guru David Morgan. Interestingly enough, it was Morgan who informed us he is looking at the correlation between drinking silver and preventing Ebola!

And oh yeah….gold prices were steady around US$1,238 as we wrote this editor’s note. World stock markets were seeing relief rallies after the strong selling pressure seen for much of this week. But as Jim Wyckoff wrote this morning, there is a “big pot of worry simmering on the stove. The elements that pushed the stock markets sharply lower and goosed U.S. Treasury prices have not just vanished.”

See you next week!

Read the full Kitco Newsletter

----------------------
Get the week’s hottest precious metal news, commentaries and events by subscribing to Kitco’s weekly newsletter. Subscribe today!