Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: I sold all my silver today...

I sold a lot at $20.50 about 2 months ago. It's funny if I bought the same amount back I would still be in the hole because of f'n premiums. This is an extremely tricky way to try to make money, but of course it's just a hedge, preservation etc etc. Deep down we all want some extra money off it.
    Equities trader for hobby, poker player for fun, stacker for life

Quote Originally Posted by djwayne View Post
    Well if Gibson prices go up, eventually Martin's prices will follow suit. Good quality guitars do go up in value. Plus you get the pleasure of owning and playing them. Silver just sits there. I mean NOBODY has asked to see my collection of silver. There's very little interest in it. Guitars on the other hand, are very intriguing.
    I think you were owning silver for the wrong reasons. Other than my Wife, no one knows I own silver and I'd be suspicious of anyone that DID show interest lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Steven View Post
    I think you were owning silver for the wrong reasons. Other than my Wife, no one knows I own silver and I'd be suspicious of anyone that DID show interest lol.
    I was hoping for silver to go up in value..hasn't happened. So I'm happy to cash out now, before it drops again. Why do I think it may drop again ?? Nobody is promoting it like they were a couple years ago. The fad has ended imo.

Quote Originally Posted by djwayne View Post
    I was hoping for silver to go up in value..hasn't happened. So I'm happy to cash out now, before it drops again. Why do I think it may drop again ?? Nobody is promoting it like they were a couple years ago. The fad has ended imo.
    the time to buy is when the fad has ended and everyone hates it, and no one is promoting it. you're right though, it very well could keep going down to $15 or even $10 eventually. but it also could go to da moon!!! lol

Well it's a gamble, I'll still go to the coin collector's meeting and buy more...start over...play the raffles and stockpile my winnings...just this time I'll be buying at lower prices. And in a couple of years, rinse and repeat !! It's a hobby.

Best of luck with the guitars. Gibsons are very nice I own one myself although I wouldn't consider it an investment. I'd buy because you enjoy guitars. I think if you're going to buy back into silver that you should go for graded Morgan's or something more collectable if you're looking for more increase in your silver buys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowing4silver View Post
    the time to buy is when the fad has ended and everyone hates it, and no one is promoting it. you're right though, it very well could keep going down to $15 or even $10 eventually. but it also could go to da moon!!! lol
    Best advice all day.

Well I got a good feel for what buyers want to buy and what they don't want to buy...what they'll pay top buck for and what they just will pay spot or a lowball price on. I learned a lot today that will influence my buying decisions in the future. The really fun part today was getting money for all the stuff I won in the raffles...gravy !!

Quote Originally Posted by Legio Patria Nostra View Post
    I'm sorry to say that if $850 means a lot of money ... and silver ( or any other PM ) needs to be sold for that amount .... You shouldn't got any PM's in the first place !!
    WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LEARN ????
    PM's need to be purchased with extra money , money that you are sure no going to be needed in a foreseeable future .... that is after you already have some cash on the side for emergencies
    I disagree. I have about a little more than this person. Sounds like they had about 42 oz or so. I got about 60 ish now. My cash stash is almost nil. The reason, I am horrible with cash. Of course I heard a million times to be better with cash... Falls on deaf ears. So I stack Silver. I would be like...oh, I got an extra 50 this week. Lets get a silver eagle. Then when I go buy beer with my 25 bucks and got bacon, or more gas to go to the beach or other extra's I would run out of cash. But I treasure silver. Hate to spend it. I don't even care if it goes down. Having 75% back when I really need it is a god send. Would it be better if I had a 20 dollar bill collection.... sure. But seriously, some of us cannot leave the 20 dollar bills alone. So I stack silver. If my crapped out I would negotiate a car and be like, hey can I hitch a ride to the LCS? LOL

Fun hobby too!!! I hear you. I did 90%...sold it all. Now I do mostly government 1 oz 999. Next time I think I want to get `10 oz bars, 5 oz bars, and old pours.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast