Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: I sold all my silver today...

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBuseysTeeth View Post

Love it, one of the best shows ever!

I didnt start buying until I had 2 years of savings. I cant think of any scenario where I would need to cash out at a price I did not want to. I couldnt imagine buying until I had no debt and 2 years of savings

If you don't know how many ounces you had, then how do you know you got a fair price for your stuff? You dont' even know what kind of commemorative you sold? He paid you $40, so how do you know it wasn't worth $140?
    Just say NO to Fiat!

Enjoy the pay day bud, with the new iPhone 6 just around the corner, you know it makes sense.

I can understand people doing what they must. I bought my silver with overtime money that I worked just for that purpose. Lucky was I to have the option. I set my base amount at 1000oz's and I will keep buying as long as prices are below $20/oz. I am 50 this year and just want five more years at these prices (OR LESS) and then it's A place in Idaho & Costa Rica.

Quote Originally Posted by djwayne View Post
    I really don't know how many ounces....he was giving me numismatic value of the coins which was higher than spot. I couldn't have sold it any other way without a bunch of headaches. This was a quick easy cash sale. A lot of the coins were prizes which I had won in the raffles at the coin collector's club I belong to, so this is my payday.
    Now take that 850 and put it toward extremely cheap generic bullion. This is how you play the game sir,, flip coins and use the proceeds to buy cheap bullion.. You will find your stack grows without you 'technically' buying anything.

Actually I have two things I'm thinking about spending the money, truck repairs to keep the truck running to avoid having to buy another truck and have payments, or a nice Martin Guitar...I've heard that Gibson guitars is planning a 30% price hike. So a quality guitar may turn into a great investment. Silver has been stagnant the last two years, so I'm losing interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by djwayne View Post
    Actually I have two things I'm thinking about spending the money, truck repairs to keep the truck running to avoid having to buy another truck and have payments, or a nice Martin Guitar...I've heard that Gibson guitars is planning a 30% price hike. So a quality guitar may turn into a great investment. Silver has been stagnant the last two years, so I'm losing interest in it.
    If you're buying a guitar, you really didn't "need" the money did you?

What does Gibson raising prices have to do with Martin?

Investing in guitars is more risky than investing in silver.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePMetalStacker View Post
    If you don't know how many ounces you had, then how do you know you got a fair price for your stuff? You dont' even know what kind of commemorative you sold? He paid you $40, so how do you know it wasn't worth $140?
    The commemorative coin was from the Wedding of Charles and Diana, you can buy all day on e-bay for $40 bucks. He called out the price for each coin as he put them into a box. Every price seemed fair or near what I had pay for them...there were a few that I was surprised at the high price he quoted.

Well if Gibson prices go up, eventually Martin's prices will follow suit. Good quality guitars do go up in value. Plus you get the pleasure of owning and playing them. Silver just sits there. I mean NOBODY has asked to see my collection of silver. There's very little interest in it. Guitars on the other hand, are very intriguing.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast