Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Platinum = dismal

Default Platinum = dismal

Save up your beer money for a week or two and beer yourself a 2.5 gold indian or something off the bay windweaver. You don't know what you're missing.

ps I love silver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Is it just me ,or isn't gold supposed to be worth less than platinum in a normal market?
    I believe we are in the midst of a Worldwide depression that has been papered over by continued borrowing, easy money, and the pulling forward of demand. Look at Greece. They are only able to hang on by taking on additional new debt that they will also not be able to pay off. If you can't pay off your old debt how can you pay off your old debt plus a couple tons of new debt? How long can this last and when will the contagion start to roll through the rest of the world?

Throughout history people have viewed Gold and Silver as "money" and a safe haven. I think platinum, palladium, rhodium, etc. are viewed more as industrial metals. Well, if industry is slowing down, and if people are slowly going broke, and if the future outlook isn't calling for a robust industrial need that might explain the continued decline.

Personally I will stick to gold and silver for insurance purposes and pass on the rest.

As the rest of the world slows down and/or begins to falter the US Dollar may indeed become stronger and stronger pushing metals down further and further. There will come a time, however, when even the US debt becomes too large for the tax payer to service. How will the Fed react? Print more dollars and inflate away the debt? As long as we have a printing press we can pay our bills. Metals will shine the brightest when we reach that stage. How long will it take? Who knows. All I know for sure is that we will NEVER pay back the National Debt and it is only getting bigger by the second. If you have ever looked at the national debt clock you will quickly realize that "money is time". It takes a long time to rack up another trillion, and another trillion, but eventually it will go hyperbolic and it is then game over.

So as the world economy back slides and/or the US economy back slides there is no other answer for the FED than to keep money cheep and keep printing. It's a road to nowhere but it's the only road available.
    Disclaimer:Later....

Quote Originally Posted by Count Stacula View Post
    I believe we are in the midst of a Worldwide depression that has been papered over by continued borrowing, easy money, and the pulling forward of demand. Look at Greece. They are only able to hang on by taking on additional new debt that they will also not be able to pay off. If you can't pay off your old debt how can you pay off your old debt plus a couple tons of new debt? How long can this last and when will the contagion start to roll through the rest of the world?

Throughout history people have viewed Gold and Silver as "money" and a safe haven. I think platinum, palladium, rhodium, etc. are viewed more as industrial metals. Well, if industry is slowing down, and if people are slowly going broke, and if the future outlook isn't calling for a robust industrial need that might explain the continued decline.

Personally I will stick to gold and silver for insurance purposes and pass on the rest.

As the rest of the world slows down and/or begins to falter the US Dollar may indeed become stronger and stronger pushing metals down further and further. There will come a time, however, when even the US debt becomes too large for the tax payer to service. How will the Fed react? Print more dollars and inflate away the debt? As long as we have a printing press we can pay our bills. Metals will shine the brightest when we reach that stage. How long will it take? Who knows. All I know for sure is that we will NEVER pay back the National Debt and it is only getting bigger by the second. If you have ever looked at the national debt clock you will quickly realize that "money is time". It takes a long time to rack up another trillion, and another trillion, but eventually it will go hyperbolic and it is then game over.

So as the world economy back slides and/or the US economy back slides there is no other answer for the FED than to keep money cheep and keep printing. It's a road to nowhere but it's the only road available.
    This can last ... forever. What is being pulled forward are resources . .and there's no shortage of them. . we have all the plastic and more . . 3d printers. . we can't make stuff fast enough . Money, currency , both means to same end. . consumption. The contagion that will roll is the world's standard of living rapidly increasing as they consume stuff at the same rate as the western nations. We have many generations of forward pulling before there's any worry .. the world human population can triple or more before there's a worry . . print away Feds and CBs of the world. . print away for the next century as humanity, like locusts, multiply and consume the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    This can last ... forever. What is being pulled forward are resources . .and there's no shortage of them. . we have all the plastic and more . . 3d printers. . we can't make stuff fast enough . Money, currency , both means to same end. . consumption. The contagion that will roll is the world's standard of living rapidly increasing as they consume stuff at the same rate as the western nations. We have many generations of forward pulling before there's any worry .. the world human population can triple or more before there's a worry . . print away Feds and CBs of the world. . print away for the next century as humanity, like locusts, multiply and consume the planet.
    That's funny. The US doesn't make much of anything anymore. Garbage is our #1 export. We sell them plastic bottles, beer cans, and scrap steel and they turn it into cars, TVs and Smartphones and sell them it back to us.

Personally I doubt we have one generation left of forward pulling consumption let alone "many".
    Disclaimer:Later....

At these prices I'm buying cheap 1 oz Vacambi bars. Ill be trading silver for platinum, real soon if this continues too.
    Utah, Get Me Two!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBuseysTeeth View Post
    At these prices I'm buying cheap 1 oz Vacambi bars. Ill be trading silver for platinum, real soon if this continues too.
    What's your target for the Silver:Platinum ratio for trading ?
    No his mind is not for rent
    To any god or government
    Always hopeful, yet discontent
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is

When the ratio hits 1:1 , I'm swapping all my Silver for Platinum.

I'll start small when the ratio gets close to 45:1.
    Utah, Get Me Two!

Buy low sell high.

I been curious. Don't have any. What appears to be a 50% hit on a 10th (1/10) coin above spot is holding me back. The market must be smaller. But buy low, sell high!! I would love to get some platinum, but have small pockets and the markup is pretty high, but that is almost ok, with thEbay as a source to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmhey View Post
    Buy low sell high.

I been curious. Don't have any. What appears to be a 50% hit on a 10th (1/10) coin above spot is holding me back. The market must be smaller. But buy low, sell high!! I would love to get some platinum, but have small pockets and the markup is pretty high, but that is almost ok, with thEbay as a source to sell.
    Fractional platinum of most any kind will carry a higher premium than gold or silver. 5g bars are about as cheap as they get for smaller sizes. Eagles are particularly expensive given they are not made any more. Fractional eagles have almost taken on numismatic-like characteristic, especially the 1/10. I have even seen proof 1/10 eagles going for the same or less than their bullion counterparts.

Keep your eyes peeled. When they are available for a reasonable price, they don't last long.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast