Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Platinum = dismal

Default Platinum = dismal

This has to be the worst of the PMs to be in right now and for the foreseeable future, it makes silver's bearish pattern look not so bad.
    I'm starting to believe some of the people calling for Palladium to reach parity with, and even exceed the value of, Platinum.
    Glad that when I started moving out of gold & silver last year and into the PGMs that I allocated more than 70% of that into Palladium.
    “The desire of gold is not for gold. It is for the means of freedom and benefit.”

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
    This has to be the worst of the PMs to be in right now and for the foreseeable future, it makes silver's bearish pattern look not so bad.
    I'm starting to believe some of the people calling for Palladium to reach parity with, and even exceed the value of, Platinum.
    Glad that when I started moving out of gold & silver last year and into the PGMs that I allocated more than 70% of that into Palladium.
    Yea, the price speaks for itself.
    $1282 right now despite the biggest strike in history and 1 mln ounces of lost production.
    Platinum market is even in worse shape than I thought.

I liked the palladium story better...what made me go harder on platinum tho was the spot price history, i was like Jesus Christ palladium was like $190 just a few yrs ago and it's friggin always right up against it's all time high (not right now but way closer than any other metal). Meanwhile platinum was far from it's high...i friggin struck out on that thought process.

Down $46 today as of now!!! Ouch.

Let it fall. I have a sold some things on line and I am waiting to POUNCE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    Let it fall. I have a sold some things on line and I am waiting to POUNCE !!!
    I'm thinking the same thing too.

I might pick up another 1 ounce eagle today.

I can only dream of (back to) sub $1000/oz can't I ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    I can only dream of (back to) sub $1000/oz can't I ???
    Be careful with what you wish.
    Price may drop below 1000 but it may stay there for long time.

This cliff-dive in platinum has been astonishing, to say the least.

I was pissed today because gold dove so much, I'm waiting for the price of platinum to reach parity so I can do a swap.
    Platinum is a better catalyst than palladium, so I'm expecting a big bump in platinum once the move up to 900 in palladium begins.
    “The desire of gold is not for gold. It is for the means of freedom and benefit.”

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Down anothef $30+

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast