Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Funny : ISM: May manufacturing index was incorrect earlier, correct figure 56.0

Default Too Funny : ISM: May manufacturing index was incorrect earlier, correct figure 56.0

Someone forgot to put the fixed numbers in and posted the real number by error ..LOL …Data error

ISM is correcting the May manufacturing index after finding a data error, the head of the survey told Bloomberg Radio on Monday.

The correct figure was 56 and not 53.2, Bloomberg quoted the survey's head as saying.

This story is developing.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101714386
    Last edited by Silver and Gold; 06-02-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver and Gold View Post
    Someone forgot to put the fixed numbers in LOL …Data error

ISM is correcting the May manufacturing index after finding a data error, the head of the survey told Bloomberg Radio on Monday.

The correct figure was 56 and not 53.2, Bloomberg quoted the survey's head as saying.

This story is developing.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101714386
    that is the standard routine. Report ok numberrs so MSM can boast about it and then few days or few weeks later make adjustment (99% to the negative side) to the original number but by then MSM considered old news and nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    that is the standard routine. Report ok numberrs so MSM can boast about it and then few days or few weeks later make adjustment (99% to the negative side) to the original number but by then MSM considered old news and nobody cares.
    They revised the number higher. They reported 53 when it should have been 56.
    The answers are in the data

Hey guys and gals stop and take a look at yourself and where you have been going for some time. You are only happy when the economy is having a rough time. Why in the world would you hope for disaster. I simply don't understand it. It would be nice to see you happy about positive news. Stop and think about it when it's good news you say it is a government lie, when it is bad news you cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdog View Post
    Hey guys and gals stop and take a look at yourself and where you have been going for some time. You are only happy when the economy is having a rough time. Why in the world would you hope for disaster. I simply don't understand it. It would be nice to see you happy about positive news. Stop and think about it when it's good news you say it is a government lie, when it is bad news you cheer.
    LOL.....been saying this for a long time.... Everything is doom and gloom no matter what. Anything good is manipulated. Anything bad means the world is ending tomorrow. And yet they claim we are the "sheeple". If I have learned anything from my time here it is that those who call people sheeple are often the most lost.

Maybe we are all victims of confirmation bias. The question is, What is your confirmation bias?
    Last edited by Ryanferr; 06-02-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanferr View Post
    LOL.....been saying this for a long time.... Everything is doom and gloom no matter what. Anything good is manipulated. Anything bad means the world is ending tomorrow. And yet they claim we are the "sheeple". If I have learned anything from my time here it is that those who call people sheeple are often the most lost.

Maybe we are all victims of confirmation bias. The question is, What is your confirmation bias?
    Those who are employed believe the unemployment rate.

Those who are unemployed do not believe the unemployment rate.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanferr View Post

Hi Ryan,

Interesting that you mention this.

So like maybe %99 of the US population is dead asleep (the so called sheeple) as can be observed by watching some of the video's of say Mark Dice
    • People singing petitions to repeal the 1st/2nd ammendment
    • People signing petitions to repeal the Bill of Rights
    • People signing petitions to endorse Karl Marx as the next president
    • People that have never heard of a federal reserve note

The list goes on and on

And then you have the %0.99 percent that are up on all of these items and have gone the way of say Alex Jones.

Alot of these folks can be seen on such shows as say 'extreme preppers'

Does not seem to be much in the middle

I will openly admit that I was 1st in the former group (to some exent), then after 'waking up from being a sheeple' moved to the other extreme (well, except cannot stand Alex Jones) and then after some time have found 'middle ground' (Well, at least I hope I have or I am at least moving more back toward middle ground)

So, I think I have to agree with your conclusion and give you the proper credit for the quote:

"it is that those who call people sheeple are often the most lost"
    -Ryanferr

IceAged
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    well excuse me for i don't pay attention to the before or the after numbers. All i know they make adjustment to data i don't believe in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by IceAged View Post
    Hi Ryan,

Interesting that you mention this.

So like maybe %99 of the US population is dead asleep (the so called sheeple) as can be observed by watching some of the video's of say Mark Dice
    • People singing petitions to repeal the 1st/2nd ammendment
    • People signing petitions to repeal the Bill of Rights
    • People signing petitions to endorse Karl Marx as the next president
    • People that have never heard of a federal reserve note

The list goes on and on

And then you have the %0.99 percent that are up on all of these items and have gone the way of say Alex Jones.

Alot of these folks can be seen on such shows as say 'extreme preppers'

Does not seem to be much in the middle

I will openly admit that I was 1st in the former group (to some exent), then after 'waking up from being a sheeple' moved to the other extreme (well, except cannot stand Alex Jones) and then after some time have found 'middle ground' (Well, at least I hope I have or I am at least moving more back toward middle ground)

So, I think I have to agree with your conclusion and give you the proper credit for the quote:

"it is that those who call people sheeple are often the most lost"
    -Ryanferr

IceAged
    I agree. There are a lot of morons out there, but there are also a lot of highly intelligent people out there. Then there seems to be a class of people who watch YouTube videos titled: "the Truth about XYZ that Group X doesn't want you to know!" These people tend to take on a whole world of crazy and seem to love bashing other people and name calling. Whereas the people who have fistfuls of degrees with prestigious experience rarely do this. Not saying that is the only qualifications for being successful or smart, but the smartest people I know who I would go to hell and back to hire if I ever had my own company are never the kind of people to run for the hills, call people sheelpe, or cry about "TPTB" and the illuminati, chem trails, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdog View Post

Not happy the economy sucks but its the dam truth…

Problem is I am not looking at myself but I am looking at friends and family around me and many are in deep sh-t compared to 4-5 years ago.Example: My brother in law just borrowed money from my mother in law for a down payment on a car. If He didn't have the down payment money to buy the car how in the hell is he going to make the payments. Many have been eating up their savings when thats gone I don't know what their next step will be. Their cost of living is sky rocketing as their salaries are not keeping pace. Taxes, Health care, Food,energy costs on their homes and other things. Many are small business owners and are feeling the pressure of the stalled economy. Many local store fronts available as more and more shops close.

When I see main street flush with money( Friends and family). I will change my opinion on the economy. Until then it looks as though many have a long road back if they make it back. Looks like a storm is brewing to me. Many I speak with want out of our area but are still under water with their homes and can't get out of the trouble they are in. They are stuck.
    Last edited by Silver and Gold; 06-02-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast