Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Graphene is now mass producible

Quote Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
    Yeah - I want to see all the graphene-weenies load up on the stuff and put their money where their mouths are.

Like I said before: They have been looking at ways to replace precious metals for years and years. Yet, even with all the technology, smart chemists, and unlimited research budgets..... here we are with Gold, silver, platinum, and palladium still ruling the roost. Someday the next big thing will come along. But, precious metals are precious for a reason.
    https://www.kitcomm.com/showpost.php...93&postcount=8

Quote Originally Posted by warrenbuffettsr View Post
    So, there was a thread here mocking graphene and how mass production can never happen in a 100 years and how it is all vaporware produced by phoney money in a phoney economy.

Well, chalk one more for stuff people who know nothing about and being totally wrong, but still posting with 100% confidence.

If you are investing 1% in Silver, it doesn't matter, but most Silver Investors are 100% Silver with the blind faith that Silver is the King of Technology Metals.

In 2007, there were no iPhones/iPads. Today combined there are probably a Billion of them. Technology is happening at exponential pace as we are expanding our access to resources (including mining).

Bet your 100% life savings carefully. If you can't predict the future, diversify. Don't become a cult of Mike Maloneys and Eric Sprotts and Peter Schiffs of the world.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/58...y-industry.htm
    Or become a cult of Keynes, Krugman, or the ridiculous Thomas Piketty who is trying to resuscitate Marx.

Free economies have outperformed state directed ones since time immemorial.

My cult: Mises, Hayek, and less so, Friedman

More information?

I see plenty of articles about graphene replacing silicon, but not silver (other than growing it on top of silver).

Like Ive always maintained only investment demand will shoot silver to the moon industrial demand has always been just a partial factor. The good news here is that if graphene replaces silver outright it becomes that much more appealing as a monetary base because the industrial demands would no longer restrict people from doing so.
    "A strange game Professor Falken... The only winning move is not to play."

Quote Originally Posted by SilverIsMoney View Post
    Like Ive always maintained only investment demand will shoot silver to the moon industrial demand has always been just a partial factor. The good news here is that if graphene replaces silver outright it becomes that much more appealing as a monetary base because the industrial demands would no longer restrict people from doing so.
    Any source material on how it replaces silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver76 View Post
    Any source material on how it replaces silver?
    No. But I have many friends who are computer engineer's who have assured me that this ability to mass produce could be an absolute gamechanger for the entire planet. They think it's the second coming of plastic and would be able to replace silver in damn near everything it's used in.

I'm not saying they're right but the point i'm trying to make is let's consider the worst case scenario - magically silver is never used in industry again, it's totally replaced - we'll so what? It still has medical properties and it's still money. Of all the reasons I bought silver I never really gave a rats ass about industry.

I actually think it's great because it means governments would be more likely to use silver as money if it meant they wouldn't be disrupting any industrial supply chain though I strongly suspect it will be years before Graphene is implemented...
    "A strange game Professor Falken... The only winning move is not to play."

Nice Catch
    Honor for US, Justice for Our Children! Now!

Of all the reasons I bought silver I never really gave a rats ass about industry.
    Well, that's using the old noodle. #1 source of demand for silver is industrial coming in 40+%. Ignoring that fact is not sound.
    I actually think it's great because it means governments would be more likely to use silver as money if it meant they wouldn't be disrupting any industrial supply chain though I strongly suspect it will be years before Graphene is implemented...
    Shows a complete lack of understanding of economies, history, and WHY silver will never be used as money again by any govt.

Quote Originally Posted by sumrtym View Post
    ..., and WHY silver will never be used as money again by any govt.
    MMMMM...could be, but it sure makes for a great door stop while waiting for the next barter situation to come along...and that equates to money so...while you could end up being technically correct, I don't actually have to count on using what TPTB demand I use for money.

That makes me one of the Freest men I know

Power To The People

Then again, you could be COMPLETELY WRONG

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=133645

Have a Nice Life
    Honor for US, Justice for Our Children! Now!

I'm a proponent of having competition in currencies, Bitcoin for example. I seriously doubt silver will ever be used as money or as a backing for currency, that is gold's job. Gold will be the tried and true because it has very little industrial usage and what is used is typically recycled. If silver loses its percentage in any way via the use of graphene or any other technological advancements, then silver will plummet. Those like Sumrtym and Silver is Paper or Paper is Money or what ever the hell his name is will likely see their predictions come true and it will be the financial disaster of the century for holders of silver. If you don't adjust your investments to changing times then you are doomed to failure. I still see gold as a sound long term investment, but now my ideas about silver have changed considerably. At one time I was one of silver's biggest cheerleaders and my strategy will now have to be reassessed.
    http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc38/CyndiS400/Trophies/SilverTrophy1bullseye.jpg

Dog is my co-pilot.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast