Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Graphene is now mass producible

Quote Originally Posted by wholeflaffer View Post
    Silver will be even better as a form of money if its pressures from industrial consumption are removed.

I would love to see silver put back into circulating coinage, and that possibility is increased when there's fewer alternative uses, particularly consumptive ones, for the precious metal.
    The POS would have to drop substantially before that would ever be an option.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by warrenbuffettsr View Post
    So, there was a thread here mocking graphene and how mass production can never happen in a 100 years and how it is all vaporware produced by phoney money in a phoney economy.

Well, chalk one more for stuff people who know nothing about and being totally wrong, but still posting with 100% confidence.

If you are investing 1% in Silver, it doesn't matter, but most Silver Investors are 100% Silver with the blind faith that Silver is the King of Technology Metals.

In 2007, there were no iPhones/iPads. Today combined there are probably a Billion of them. Technology is happening at exponential pace as we are expanding our access to resources (including mining).

Bet your 100% life savings carefully. If you can't predict the future, diversify. Don't become a cult of Mike Maloneys and Eric Sprotts and Peter Schiffs of the world.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/58...y-industry.htm
    On what do you base this premise that PM people invest everything in metals?

In the time you have spent posting today I have spent 2,200 ($3,800) on a 1998 Rolex Cellini, a 1906 Lange & Soehne Savonette in gold, some silver maundy, a 20 gram UBS gold bar and 18 ounces of silver bullion.Add in another 600($1,000) on overheads and today has cost me $4,800.

I have already flipped the Rolex and the Maundy for $4,400. The Lange will go for $5-6,000. That puts me $4000 up for the day plus 20 grams of free gold and
    18 ounces of free silver.

You on the other hand have spent half your day mocking people like me.

Default wishful indeed~!! maybe, maybe not would that help also..

Quote Originally Posted by wholeflaffer View Post
    Silver will be even better as a form of money if its pressures from industrial consumption are removed.

I would love to see silver put back into circulating coinage, and that possibility is increased when there's fewer alternative uses, particularly consumptive ones, for the precious metal.
    geeez, as long as we have the politicians that we have... and a two party system limiting voters real chances of electing better gov't officials and the wonderful electoral college, at this time on the national and federal level?!...its only going to be a clad clad world as far as circulating coinge...

you may see copper and nickle leave the coinage scene here in the US sooner than ya think!.... as obaaaa has signed off on, well sort of signed off on....the act is written, no?

INCT

Quote Originally Posted by kent bull View Post
    On what do you base this premise that PM people invest everything in metals?

In the time you have spent posting today I have spent 2,200 ($3,800) on a 1998 Rolex Cellini, a 1906 Lange & Soehne Savonette in gold, some silver maundy, a 20 gram UBS gold bar and 18 ounces of silver bullion.Add in another 600($1,000) on overheads and today has cost me $4,800.

I have already flipped the Rolex and the Maundy for $4,400. The Lange will go for $5-6,000. That puts me $4000 up for the day plus 20 grams of free gold and
    18 ounces of free silver.

You on the other hand have spent half your day mocking people like me.
    work it like a bull.. .. snort!!!
    way to play all day sir!! my type of guy!!

INCT

Quote Originally Posted by warrenbuffettsr View Post
    So, there was a thread here mocking graphene and how mass production can never happen in a 100 years and how it is all vaporware produced by phoney money in a phoney economy.

Well, chalk one more for stuff people who know nothing about and being totally wrong, but still posting with 100% confidence.

If you are investing 1% in Silver, it doesn't matter, but most Silver Investors are 100% Silver with the blind faith that Silver is the King of Technology Metals.

In 2007, there were no iPhones/iPads. Today combined there are probably a Billion of them. Technology is happening at exponential pace as we are expanding our access to resources (including mining).

Bet your 100% life savings carefully. If you can't predict the future, diversify. Don't become a cult of Mike Maloneys and Eric Sprotts and Peter Schiffs of the world.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/58...y-industry.htm
    I don't just stack slabs of silver, I buy triples of low mintage coins (if I can get more than one if I'm lucky), sell my double or triple when the price double and get my money back and then some. I end up owning my other coins for free. You can't do that with graphene because they don't make low mintage graphene collector's coins. The graphene commodities paper market is like watching paint dry because nobody trades it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Piranha View Post
    The POS would have to drop substantially before that would ever be an option.
    At $13 per ounce (or less) we could have Dime sized One Dollar silver coins.

Ive been looking for a way to invest in graphine for some time now....not really any pure plays out there. I love the composite space and own some shares of some players here, but graphine is largely a small portion of the overall business of many composites, carbon fiber, and chemical companies. If anyone knows of any good players, let me know.
    The answers are in the data

Default can you make silver in your blender at home??

Scientists produce 'wonder material' graphene with kitchen blender

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27113732

INCT

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanferr View Post
    Ive been looking for a way to invest in graphine for some time now....not really any pure plays out there. I love the composite space and own some shares of some players here, but graphine is largely a small portion of the overall business of many composites, carbon fiber, and chemical companies. If anyone knows of any good players, let me know.
    Looks to be a cottage industry opportunity.
    All it takes is a blender and a couple of No2 pencils.

"Scientists have outlined how they managed to make the "wonder material" graphene using a kitchen blender."
    http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27113732

Quote Originally Posted by Wild West View Post
    Who cares?

Silver and gold have been a source of wealth for thousands of years and will continue to be for thousands more.

Enjoy stacking graphene. Sounds like a barrel of fun.
    Yeah - I want to see all the graphene-weenies load up on the stuff and put their money where their mouths are.

Like I said before: They have been looking at ways to replace precious metals for years and years. Yet, even with all the technology, smart chemists, and unlimited research budgets..... here we are with Gold, silver, platinum, and palladium still ruling the roost. Someday the next big thing will come along. But, precious metals are precious for a reason.
    Last edited by RoadLizard; 04-22-2014 at 12:51 PM.

... Let us bring him Silver and Gold!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast