Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Graphene is now mass producible

Default Graphene is now mass producible

So, there was a thread here mocking graphene and how mass production can never happen in a 100 years and how it is all vaporware produced by phoney money in a phoney economy.

Well, chalk one more for stuff people who know nothing about and being totally wrong, but still posting with 100% confidence.

If you are investing 1% in Silver, it doesn't matter, but most Silver Investors are 100% Silver with the blind faith that Silver is the King of Technology Metals.

In 2007, there were no iPhones/iPads. Today combined there are probably a Billion of them. Technology is happening at exponential pace as we are expanding our access to resources (including mining).

Bet your 100% life savings carefully. If you can't predict the future, diversify. Don't become a cult of Mike Maloneys and Eric Sprotts and Peter Schiffs of the world.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/58...y-industry.htm

I stack silver because it's money
    Honor for US, Justice for Our Children! Now!

Surprised Provident hasnt started selling it. Somewhere between diamonds and survival knives

Quote Originally Posted by kiethstone View Post
    Surprised Provident hasnt started selling it. Somewhere between diamonds and survival knives
    Funny, i am sure they will soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenbuffettsr View Post

but most Silver Investors are 100% Silver with the blind faith that Silver is the King of Technology Metals.

The premise is only your assumption and far from factual, therefore your statement is void.

Who cares?

Silver and gold have been a source of wealth for thousands of years and will continue to be for thousands more.

Enjoy stacking graphene. Sounds like a barrel of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild West View Post
    Who cares?

Silver and gold have been a source of wealth for thousands of years and will continue to be for thousands more.

Enjoy stacking graphene. Sounds like a barrel of fun.
    Who said you have to stack Graphene? Again, there is a fundamental disconnect here about investing from PM guys. Just because something is useful or replaces something doesn't mean you have to 'stack' them or has value.

Silicon was immensely useful in the computing revolution. Doesn't mean you had to stack Silicon.

If Graphene replaces Silver (and things happen very very quickly in the tech world), then the demand plummets and is bad news for Silver. Then there is investment demand. But what if half the investment demand was from under the assumption that "Silver is useful in technology and hence I'll stack it?" So, you really face a possibility of a double whammy here. And finally, what if other Silver investors want to frontrun and dump their Silver before the other two guys?

Oh, the thousand year analogy -- people used to hunt with stone for thousands of years, then they didn't for 20 years, for 40 years, for 50 years, for 200 years and 2000 years. Just because something was done for thousands of year in a bygone era, doesn't mean they'll do it again
    Last edited by warrenbuffettsr; 04-22-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenbuffettsr View Post
    So, there was a thread here mocking graphene and how mass production can never happen in a 100 years and how it is all vaporware produced by phoney money in a phoney economy.

Well, chalk one more for stuff people who know nothing about and being totally wrong, but still posting with 100% confidence.

If you are investing 1% in Silver, it doesn't matter, but most Silver Investors are 100% Silver with the blind faith that Silver is the King of Technology Metals.

In 2007, there were no iPhones/iPads. Today combined there are probably a Billion of them. Technology is happening at exponential pace as we are expanding our access to resources (including mining).

Bet your 100% life savings carefully. If you can't predict the future, diversify. Don't become a cult of Mike Maloneys and Eric Sprotts and Peter Schiffs of the world.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/58...y-industry.htm
    Gosh, Warren...it's starting to sound like you're a 'graphene cult follower'. There's a wide gulf between 'discovery' and bringing to market.

And I take exception to your statement "but most Silver Investors are 100% Silver with the blind faith that Silver is the King of Technology Metals". I think MANY on this forum carry well diversified portfolios.
    Stacking since the late 1970's

Let us all know how this works out. I'm sure we will all be crying in our worthless piles of silver because of graphene.

Silver will be even better as a form of money if its pressures from industrial consumption are removed.

I would love to see silver put back into circulating coinage, and that possibility is increased when there's fewer alternative uses, particularly consumptive ones, for the precious metal.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast