Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Is nickel the Canary?

I would bring my copper and brass in now, if we didn't hit previous tops we ain't gonna. I brought some in a few weeks ago. Industrials are not necessarily slowing down but this growth period is in full swing, cars are going to be shorted here soon as that industry topped and started falling a little last year. I think the economy got ahead of the miners. We had allot of construction going as well, and it's in full swing here. California is rumored to just be starting to slow down. California is my pre-indicator of a coming recession although it might still be a year or two out. It's a huge economy, so it has plenty of data, and all that tech that people spend disposable income on. Sometimes we see mergers as they go for safety in numbers, but it's usually game on by then.
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12/...f-a-recession/

I'm still in the stacking phase for base metals that I can recycle by this spring.

Thinking April we will be in a base metal bull run, again.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Could happen, and is even likely. Plan on recycling my 4 year piles of copper, brass, lead batteries, electric motors, water heaters, heaters and AC systems this spring.
    yep, i've been storing for several years as well. waiting for the $5 copper days again. i've got several a c units but in my area we have to bring a purchase receipt for a new a c on a 1 to 1 exchange to prove that we did not steal them for scrapping. a few years back, lots of construction sites wand vacant homes/businesses were raided by thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    yep, i've been storing for several years as well. waiting for the $5 copper days again. i've got several a c units but in my area we have to bring a purchase receipt for a new a c on a 1 to 1 exchange to prove that we did not steal them for scrapping. a few years back, lots of construction sites wand vacant homes/businesses were raided by thieves.
    Might as well get a contractors license, the recyclers don't question me, however my licenses are photo copied, I dont like it but it is what it is.

I may wait longer, but muse that the end of April or May will be the time I take tons to recycle.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Worth mentioning....

Nickel, it's worth twice plus more than copper. Copper is green with envy.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Worth mentioning....

Nickel, it's worth twice plus more than copper. Copper is green with envy.
    if this continues and they sanction Russia a bit more, our 1 and two euro coins will finally be worth something... that's probably one of the reasons why they want us to go into digital currency, coins are too precious... if you stack currency, stack coins... they will at least be worth something when the numeral value faints.

Golditiki2+++

Nickel Prices Surge As UK Sanctions Major Russian Miner

https://www.zerohedge.com/commoditie...-russian-miner

The UK government has added Vladimir Potanin, Norilsk Nickelís president and chairman of the management board, to its list of sanctioned individuals. The LME nickel price remains in question. A June 29 update notification from HM Treasuryís Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation (OFSI) noted Potaninís addition. The stated reason was that he would benefit from or support the Russian government by owning or controlling Rosbank.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Default Tomfoolery afoot!

Giant Commodity Trader Faces Massive Losses After 'Missing Nickel' Fraud Uncovered

https://www.zerohedge.com/commoditie...raud-uncovered

The global nickel trading market is once again in the spotlight.

Having been at the epicenter of a massive short-squeeze that almost shuttered the London Metal Exchange (and remains mired in litigation), Bloomberg reports that the nickel market has been rocked once again as one of the world's largest commodity traders, Trafigura Group, is facing more than half a billion dollars in losses after discovering metal cargoes it bought didnít contain the metal they were supposed to.

432Hz

Good idea, I need to up my nickel stack.

I really miss the Capt'n.

Won't be long the zinc pennies will be worth more for spot...... .008 now.

432Hz

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast