Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Is nickel the Canary?

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    penny sorter !!! no need to pay, just exchange fiat for boxes...lol!!! trade fiat for bank boxes at a "business bank", usually free, or set up an account....

nickle boxes the same, exchange with fiat, no need to sort, just stack the boxes...

as we all know i suppose..

yes some dealers buy bulk and resell....
    if you are lucky "US collector."... In Canada, only 1981 and prioir os nickel ( some later years are 25% Ni and 75% Cu but you have to sort.....)

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdude View Post
    if you are lucky "US collector."... In Canada, only 1981 and prioir os nickel ( some later years are 25% Ni and 75% Cu but you have to sort.....)
    yes US, yes understand the Canadian nickles through the years.................maybe i can build an igloo in CN with my US nickel boxes...lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdude View Post
    Canadian ones aren't that simple. They had steel ones in the 1940's and I think some of the 1950 nickels. And you can't use a magnet to sort, as the 100% nickel ones are also magnetic.

yes, 1944-45 and then again from 1951 (some) - 1954 were steel

But those aren't very common up here. Like the war nickels that were tombac, you never see anymore.
    As I mentioned before, our mint seems very efficient in cleaning the system out quickly. Our pennies have only been gone a short while and there are none anywhere.

so may go the way of the us cent and nickel sooner than later. the new senate bill that senator mccain proposed a couple months back may shut down penny and nickel minting. i just got 2 more bank boxes of nickels today. tying up $200 bucks but i bet i wont spend it on burger king that way.

Guys don't look.... nickel is on a mission, could be a mission to the moon or war...
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

I buy all the Canada copper pennies and nickels nickels for face at my LCS, I have alot
    I wish a buck was still silver, back when the country was strong. -The Hag

Heres too $50 a ounce silver and $10 a pound nickel for 2018!
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Heres too $50 a ounce silver and $10 a pound nickel for 2018!
    i like your thinking Westerner/ i could buy 3 houses instead of one if that were so. happy new year.

Could happen, and is even likely. Plan on recycling my 4 year piles of copper, brass, lead batteries, electric motors, water heaters, heaters and AC systems this spring.