Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Is nickel the Canary?

funny, you guys get these CDN finds. Up here in CDN country you never seem to find them. Our mint must be super thorough.... Like the pennies and silver coins, they vaporise in a month out of circ.

Quote Originally Posted by bossandy View Post
    Just picked up another $20 face of older Canadian 100% Nickel Nickels from my LCS. Went through them last night, some very nice 1965 Proof Like Finish coins in the bag.
    I over time yet sometime back accumulated a Banker Box ($100) of the .999 Canadian Nickels also ......
    I too noticed many, many, many (guess that'd nearly equal most) are in VG condition.
    Less Peeps up there, less circulation or maybe just the design lends to less wear maybe.

Add: Interesting "Nickel Talk" from 2010 (What was it 2011 or 2012 when Nickel / Copper hit their big run?)
    https://gold-forum.kitco.com/showthr...ne-NICKEL-BARS

Even today the .999 Canadian is right near Melt.
    http://www.coinflation.com/canada/
    I recall the days of the Jefferson being 7-8 Cents Melt, that meant the Canadian .999 at that time was aprox. 11-12 Cent.
    Again, just interesting.
    Last edited by joeinnj; 07-13-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdude View Post
    funny, you guys get these CDN finds. Up here in CDN country you never seem to find them. Our mint must be super thorough.... Like the pennies and silver coins, they vaporise in a month out of circ.
    Speaker dude,

Every time I go to the LCS I ask for any Canadian Nickels and Pennies. He always has them and I fill out my order with them. He deals a lot in bulk coins and I think he gets them from bulk deals. I alway pay face and a lot of times, there are many of both King version in the mix.
    I wish a buck was still silver, back when the country was strong. -The Hag

Just filled another small Ammo box, with nickels. Amazing how much change one can accumulate, when one spends a little cash everyday.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Just filled another small Ammo box, with nickels. Amazing how much change one can accumulate, when one spends a little cash everyday.
    Change certainly . Nickels not so much.
    I find it amazing as to how infrequently you will receive Nickels in change unless you specifically ask for them.
    Simple math combinations I know yet something I never realized until I began saving the Nickels from change.

[QUOTE=Westerner;2521557]
    when one spends a little cash everyday

Rolling,rolling,rolling! Good job, even if you take a step or two back but ten steps forward.... Your rolling. I used to set high lofty goals and failed. Then the negativity destroys you! You have to roll with it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bossandy View Post
    Speaker dude,

Every time I go to the LCS I ask for any Canadian Nickels and Pennies. He always has them and I fill out my order with them. He deals a lot in bulk coins and I think he gets them from bulk deals. I alway pay face and a lot of times, there are many of both King version in the mix.
    penny sorter !!! no need to pay, just exchange fiat for boxes...lol!!! trade fiat for bank boxes at a "business bank", usually free, or set up an account....

nickle boxes the same, exchange with fiat, no need to sort, just stack the boxes...

as we all know i suppose..

yes some dealers buy bulk and resell....

Nickel has held it's recent gains and has been able to stay above $5 bucks a pound for the last few weeks.

Interesting and noted.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Yes, actually all the base metals are at highs for the year.. Hmmm....

looks like copper has spoken and sang quite well this year, a good little canary.

i am vested well in copper on a few fronts....

i have been a penny sorter for years, was part of my income for years, small part, but FUN>>< and it is now handed over to an associate, since early 2014.......she is doing rather well with orders and profits......