Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Is nickel the Canary?

I find it interesting that nickel has gone up with AU, even at a higher percentage today. All the other base metals stayed flat.

Must be a demand for the little old nickel base of men and war. Up 3.19% today.

Default Invest in nickel

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    What are the names of some small producers?How to invest in nickel

Go to KITCOs base metals page and read the commentaries, press releases, and latest reports. Also watch the Top 5 Performing Equities on that page. Then do more due diligence.

For me I stack from the U.S mints stock piles, called the Jefferson nickel. And invest at face.

I use to hold some nickel miners, but sold a few years ago.

Up 2.3% at the start and the rest of the base is flat. Vary interesting.... It's not like VW needs to buy nickel for their cars are selling like hotcakes. NOT... Err... maybe if they was able to sell the more powerful ones that don't meet the California standards. I would buy one just because it doesn't, but not now. Who in their right mind would take their VW in (if they had one of the recalled ones) to have them down grade the power stroke?

Default Nickel

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Only metal that is up today

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdermott60 View Post
    Only metal that is up today
    Yeah, up 5% + today and holding strong. The canary is bouncing around Syria and vaporising a lot of nickel.... .

https://translate.google.com/transla...%26div%3D60391

September 30, 2015, 13:58
    Russia's decision to use the Air Force in Syria corresponds to the special role of Russia in the Middle East, the state of the Church

Moscow. September 30th. Interfax - The Russian Orthodox Church supported the decision to use the Russian air force in Syria.

"This decision is consistent with international law, the mentality of our people and the special role that our country has always played in the Middle East," - said the head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin told journalists on Wednesday.

Pointing to the fact that today the Russian government takes on a special role in resolving the situation in the Middle East, he said that Russia can not be indifferent to observe the current extermination of Christians in the region, and other social groups.

The priest also said that the Interreligious Council of Russia at a meeting in Moscow on Wednesday to take a statement in support of active operations in the country's fight against terror in the Middle East.

"The fight against terrorism - is a sacred struggle, and today our country is perhaps the most active force in the world that fights with him. Not because she has this self-interest, but because terrorism is immoral," - said he.

Earlier Wednesday, the Federation Council has agreed to the President to use in Syria Russian Air Force. However, as stressed in the Federation Council head of the Kremlin administration, Sergei Ivanov, the use of the armed forces on the land theater of operations possible military objective of the operation is extremely air support of the Syrian government forces in their counteraction LIH.

http://allenbwest.com/2015/09/everyt...n-10-pictures/
    Last edited by Westerner; 09-30-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Just picked up another $20 face of older Canadian 100% Nickel Nickels from my LCS. Went through them last night, some very nice 1965 Proof Like Finish coins in the bag.
    I wish a buck was still silver, back when the country was strong. -The Hag

For the last few weeks nickel has again been rising. I'm still vary interested in the price and the LME stocks. Whats driving nickel? Surly it's not being used up and horded for the domestic auto/industrial uses. IMO it has definitely hit a bottom at $3.50 early this year.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Nickel and the base is up, while PMs are down. Interesting.....
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.