Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is nickel the Canary?

Hybrid View

Default Is nickel the Canary?

Nickel is moving, Just a observation, being it's the main needed war metal.

Opinions....

Hard to tell these days. You can't really justify moves anymore. The markets are soo manipulated now a days that fundamentals are not the way to look at metals.

Looks good this AM. Up about 4% since yesterday. The base looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Looks good this AM. Up about 4% since yesterday. The base looks good.
    I like my nickel stack...

Big jump in the LME stocks. Doesn't seem normal?.....

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/ni...istorical.html

The Canary is singing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpfsYIN9cZ8

It almost seems as if Indonesia's ore export ban, was the first real shot or move.

Nickel has gained almost two bucks a pound since this thread was started.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0800377_1.html

Canary bars..

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...ale-plant.html

Nickel reached a two-year high in London after Vale SA was ordered to suspend production at a plant in New Caledonia, adding to concern that reviving demand for the metal might exceed supply.

The suspension was ordered after a spill, according to a statement on the website of the island nation’s Southern Province government. Nickel surged 41 percent in London trading this year after leading global miner Indonesia barred ore exports in January. The potential for sanctions against Russia also aided prices, according to Societe Generale SA.

“Clearly with the nickel market already tightening on Indonesia and possible sanctions against Russia, this is adding to the general sense that the market is facing a supply shortage over the coming months, if not years,” Robin Bhar, an analyst at Societe Generale in London, said by phone today.

Nickel for delivery in three months gained 4.8 percent to $19,550 a ton by 10:21 a.m. on the London Metal Exchange after touching $19,786, the highest level since March 2, 2012.

Russia, which may face Western sanctions after intervening in Ukraine, is home to OAO GMK Norilsk Nickel, the biggest producer of refined metal. The stainless-steel industry is the main source of demand, the Nickel Institute says. Outokumpu Oyj, which delivered 2.59 million tons of stainless steel in 2013, in April predicted better base prices in the current quarter.
    Last edited by Westerner; 05-08-2014 at 05:27 AM.

Nickel peaked at about $9.26 today, and is now at $9.1042 per pound, according to Kitco.

I have seen predictions that nickel may head to $11 per pound because of the Indonesia export ban.

"$0.0504357 is the melt value for the 1946-2014 [Jefferson] nickel on May 09, 2014", according to CoinFlation.

If Jefferson Nickels are replaced with a cheaper metal, say steel, the collectible value of Jefferson Nickels may rise significantly. We may begin to use the term "junk nickel" in the future.
    Last edited by WhatsUpDoc1958; 05-09-2014 at 07:19 AM.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Talking

At one time, I had a bunch of junk nickels, but then while transporting them to my BOL, my boat hit a floating FIAT berg and sunk into the PITS OF ZOOL along with me other bounties, grrr......

If nickel stays above $9 per pound today, it appears that nickel will have hit a two year high, according to the Kitco 5 year nickel spot chart.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast