Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what is your new year resolution???

im in the south east.. as swampy as you can get (new orleans) so i feel your pain nccpc..

this is no place for humans unless your indigenous

good luck to all.. if metals go up or down i hope all is well with family's and alll

Default New years resolution.

My new years resolution is to buy a kilo of silver in this 2014 year, I have got 7 oz so far.
    If i achieve this and do it early then i will save up for gold till 2015, then start another kilo on January 1st 2015, i want to stack a kilo a year till retirement.
    Another resolution is to sit on my wallet and buy 5,10,15,20,oz increments to bring down my average.Unless i see a bargain.
    One flaw with this plan is if silver goes above my average i will have to stack cash instead.
    I would also like to look into other investments now to diversify my pension a bit more,time to do some research on stocks and shares, i have absolutely no idea where to start on them.
    Last edited by silverpirate100; 01-05-2014 at 02:24 AM. Reason: added shares to stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by AgRoCrag View Post
    If anyone wants to understand Silver.
    I venture to request we are willing to understand everything the world of silver revolves around and explore it within the farthest reaches of its existance.

So please do not be so surprised to consider the possibility that the bizarrely retarded primordial swamplands of the Southeastern United States, obnoxious trolls, raspberry ketones diets, and of course, Cheese Whiz could have had an impact on the price of Silver in a day of its life.

Even Cheese Whiz has had his impact on Silver, there is a lesson for us to learn from every connection silver has had with people and even Lord Cheese Whiz himself. Just, remember that his holy aerosol can was sold for 30 pieces of silver.
    If that is meaningless to you, just think about it when the price is sky rocketing and you may realize it is time to sell,
    when everyone else is selling their house in order to buy themselves more silver than they can afford...

Maybe the lesson is some things are more valuable than Silver? I think silver is a good investment, not to get rich, but just as a vehicle to purchase more Cheese Whiz in the future.

Yes, it is true! It is because we exist here in a meaningful reality with an almighty Cheese Whiz that rises above all life on earth that we can realize the value of silver and give it meaning & purpose!

So, stay positive and constructive and I am sure if we think about things together, we can soon identify interesting ideas and discover new things about silver and Cheese Whiz we haven't talked about before.
    Brilliant!

I predict Cheeze Whiz will have a better year than silver in 2014. That is all. You are welcome.

What is the Cheeze Whiz / silver ratio currently?

to downsize some holdings in our home, inventory and storage, much held for many years..... including some pm's and sterling, all through live auction houses, because of the buy prices we paid were considerably inexpensive, and the rarity of some of the items... even after commissions paid, we do very well through the 5-7 larger, well know auction houses we use.... from Christi's to Heritage, and several others that photograph, catalog and sell for us...almost always, well usually resulting in a bidder war for their collection and desires on any given lot....

other resolutions, if that is what hey are called this time of year, and they are... are concerning a few other entities in my life, based around my wife and grandchildren... non silver related, non materialistic related, by all means....

concerns of the heart, mind, body and soul... along with one resolution we have decided..... being to work a few hours a week only, downsizing that time significantly.... possibly keeping "work" to tue, wed and thurs...when most business is conducted anyways, passing the torch a bit to others in my life and family.. call it a semi retirement, especially through the next several months...

that is my plan after much thought and discussion with my much better half, who has at minimum a significant medical issue to overcome.... this coming friday, the 10th of jan, being very much a day that will set forth possibly needed changes in my daily life, all out of my control, but control i will indeed attempt as much as humanly and spiritually possibly....

best of a year to all...bring it on!!

INCT

I have a couple. Some mean more to me than others. The real important ones:

1. My wife and I have one shared resolution. All of our credit cards, 6 in total, 3 completely paid off, 3 with balances, are going into the safe for the entire year and are to be paid off by the conclusion of 2014. After that, they all never get used again. This would be a gigantic milestone for us as I work for a non-profit and she's a teacher. Our combined salaries are extremely low in perspective to many on here. We're simply tired of living paycheck to paycheck with the paycheck that on it's way already spent. It sucks and it's fatiguing. I've always been told "cash is king" and we're going to make it so in 2014.

2. My personal one, keep exercising on my recumbent bike at least 3 days a week. Been doing this for the last 3 months with great success and I want it to continue. I have 5 bad discs in my neck, 3 of which are categorized as severe with 1 of those being ruptured and it's the only thing that is knocking some weight off and not putting severe strain on my body. My goal for 2014 is do everything I can to avoid a major surgery either late 2014 or early 2015. I'm 28 years old and don't want spinal surgery even though I desperately need it. It's not looking good long term, but I'm optimistic.

3. Find a new job to assist with resolution #1.

The "if it happens, great, if not, oh well, I tried" resolutions:

1. 200 ounces of silver and 1 ounce of gold added to the stack.

Did not make any this year. Things are good.Low silver prices make me happy while I continue to buy and add to the stack. Children are growing up and doing and thinking well. Prepped well in 2013. All is looking good

Although the wind chill is -6

Default My New Year's resolution is to not make any New Year's resolutions.

My New Year's resolution is to not make any New Year's resolutions.

Sure, I would like to lose some more weight and keep the weight I have lost off.

I would like to keep my job skills marketable by studying more.

I would like to be able to accumulate silver this year.

However, I don't like making resolutions because I don't like making promises. Making promises means you have to be true to your word, and that can be difficult at times.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsUpDoc1958 View Post
    My New Year's resolution is to not make any New Year's resolutions.

Sure, I would like to lose some more weight and keep the weight I have lost off.

I would like to keep my job skills marketable by studying more.

I would like to be able to accumulate silver this year.

However, I don't like making resolutions because I don't like making promises. Making promises means you have to be true to your word, and that can be difficult at times.
    Sadly, not everyone feels this need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast