Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    and free software update by cloud, no need to buy new ICE car every 3-4 years
    I buy a car every 15 years. I guarantee you that a 68 f-150 will still be running when all Teslas currently on the road have been recycled. There will be no classic 2020 cars in 2070. They will all be junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    I buy a car every 15 years. I guarantee you that a 68 f-150 will still be running when all Teslas currently on the road have been recycled. There will be no classic 2020 cars in 2070. They will all be junk.
    i never said EV will replace 100% ICE, there will always be some ICE stragglers around, just like some still have fireplace for heat, chicken soup for cold, flying WW1 and WW2 planes for ceremonies and fun, and home cooking. In 2050, i bet there will still be some people burning wood, twigs, coal for heat, not many, but still some.

i beat u to it, i'm still driving my chevy truck bought new in 2004, current odometer is 42500 miles.
    Most used truck i saw on sale of that years had racked up +230,000 miles, or 75 more years of driving at my odometer pace.

Atlas you raise a good point, people are recycling their cars at an absurd rate. This goes to my point about a cars technology. People are getting new cars more frequently not because the car no longer runs but because the technology in it becomes outdated rapidly. Which really undermines the entire purpose a person buys a car to begin with. I also only buy used cars that are several years old and drive them until they break. When I tell people this they usually say something like "aren't you worried about safety??" like the 2012 model I drive that has dual airbags, side curtain airbags, antilock breaks etc is somehow a deathtrap compared to a current model car.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAllMyLife View Post
    Atlas you raise a good point, people are recycling their cars at an absurd rate. This goes to my point about a cars technology. People are getting new cars more frequently not because the car no longer runs but because the technology in it becomes outdated rapidly. Which really undermines the entire purpose a person buys a car to begin with. I also only buy used cars that are several years old and drive them until they break. When I tell people this they usually say something like "aren't you worried about safety??" like the 2012 model I drive that has dual airbags, side curtain airbags, antilock breaks etc is somehow a deathtrap compared to a current model car.
    True. I still have a 2005 model. It is just fine other than having 284K miles. Still has airbags if needed. Some nutjob ran in to my 2007 SAAB head on. The safety features worked great and I did not have a scratch. The other guy went to the hospital for 3 days.

Whatever. I just think Tesla, Amazon, FB, Twitter are all cults. And I will not partake.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    i never said EV will replace 100% ICE, there will always be some ICE stragglers around, just like some still have fireplace for heat, chicken soup for cold, flying WW1 and WW2 planes for ceremonies and fun, and home cooking. In 2050, i bet there will still be some people burning wood, twigs, coal for heat, not many, but still some.
    There are some huge disadvantages to EV's vs an ICE. I doubt you will have 80% of the market being EV in 2050 UNLESS the government mandates it. I don't want to be stranded in outback / mountains in an uncharged EV. Call me crazy.

There are some huge disadvantages to EV's vs an ICE. I doubt you will have 80% of the market being EV in 2050 UNLESS the government mandates it. I don't want to be stranded in outback / mountains in an uncharged EV. Call me crazy.
    Am I wrong in thinking that, ultimately, one fuels his EV with coal or Natural Gas?
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

you contradicted yourself. There are no 80% population that want to go to the mountain on any car.

as a matter of fact, EV can be more advantageous than ICE in stranded condition.
    It would be matter of time, solar cell on car's body panel or as a backup accessory in your trunk. You can buy portable solar panel now if one want to. I can recharge my battery using solar cell. It might take hours or days depending on sunny it is and how far u need to travel to the next electrical plug.But with ICE, i doubt you can walk for days to and back with jelly can of petro, assuming u have enough food/water and don't get lost.

you see, i'm late to buying tesla shares because of my old way of thinking and the fuds pumped by ICE manufacturers and MSM basher for the past years. I finally understood and bought tsla very late in the game. I still 1.9X my investment in 1.8 months, even better than btc.
    Tsla went 10X in 10 months. Not bad for a sp500 stock.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 01-06-2021 at 05:40 PM.

There are some huge disadvantages to EV's vs an ICE. I doubt you will have 80% of the market being EV in 2050 UNLESS the government mandates it. Call me crazy.
    i would not challenge your claim of 80% market share because i don't know how u define your EV market share, by EV car count? does e-bike count? in US, in the world? by value of EV sales revenue?
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 01-06-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking that, ultimately, one fuels his EV with coal or Natural Gas?
    Spot on! It is like eating a ribeye and not knowing that it came from the feedlot. Man the carbon tax police are gonna have a hey (hay) day.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”