Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 293

Thread: Tesla

  1. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    If you like offroading and carrying plywood and sheetrock, this isnt the vehicle for that...The truck looks insanely bad. My range is 250, have used a supercharger only a few times...you can charge the car on a 110 outlet. I had some range anxiety at first, but after I started plugging in at home that went away.

    The auto pilot is great, you can sit back and read email or screw around on the comp screen and the car will stay in the lane and keep same pace as car in front of you...I dont think ill use the full auto when its ready but who knows.
    I really don't think I would trust auto pilot. On my Truck I have adaptive cruise control and I don't trust is one bit.

  2. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brutus2 View Post
    Why do they need government rebates on each sale. Usually a sign of non competitiveness
    easy answer.
    politician plays politic.
    Supporting greenies get vote and sympathy and political contribution from leftist green wings and china.
    How else the left can win over the right?

    I wish i can get rebate on EV and E-bike from my jurisdiction.

    Part 2 easy answer.
    UN wants NWO. No better way to run NWO is to have everyone tied into the electric grid. (yes, there will be some who will have independent solar and wind and biofuel but if gov't get +90% tied to the grid, they have won)
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 01-06-2021 at 01:59 AM.

  3. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAllMyLife View Post
    This is (part of) my point. They're really not more "green" than gas powered cars. Frankly I'm not concerned with that and that's not really the basis of my objection to electric cars. I just think they're stupid and I'm personally not at all interested in any technology in a car outside of an FM radio and an air conditioner. And in my town every yuppie poser is either in a 911 or a Tesla and I just think it's played out.
    you are the minority, u make no difference in the big picture.
    technically u maybe right, but the mobs have spoken and they want a tesla, apple phones, bitcoin
    Actually i believe tesla will slow down making cars and move onto the next trend. This is 7+ years beyond tho.

  4. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    Trust when I say, I didnt buy it to save the environment.

    0-60 in less than 4 seconds...instant power, incredible handling....6,000 lbs AWD...snow and ice??? Pfffffff Even better than my '78 Eldorado....and that was awesome on snow.

    A navigation map 17" x 12" ....cameras all around that record and you can view on the car's comp screen...the ability to customize almost every part of the car....monthly downloads directly into the car that modifies and makes improvements...havent got to the auto pilot yet...the car can park itself and you can also call it to come to you within 200FT...

    Every one of my friends has driven it and loves it,...they just too broke to get one lol.

    https://prnt.sc/wh77j7
    correct.
    i'm an oil and gas guy all my life, i say elon musk have finally broke the ICE barrier put up by all ICE makers.
    GM's EV1 in 1996 had shaken the the big 3 auto executives and hence they killed it.
    Elon musk invented nothing new but his timing and execution made him a genius and filthy rich.
    At one point in time tesla was near bankrupt, elon musk asked apple's tim cook to meet about selling tesla at < 10% of current market cap. Tim didn't even return elon's call. Lucky for elon.

    Similar lucky story for bill gate too. His mom is personal secretary for ibm CEO.
    Ibm want Mrs gate to arrange a meeting with the best and successful computer genius at the time about building a pc.
    Bill's mom told bill to find this computer guru. However, the computer guru was out of town flying his private plane and have no time or urgency to meet ibm people and ibm executives were pissed.
    Then bill meet ibm instead and the rest is history. Lucky for bill

    Steve job had some luck too.
    Apple was near bankruptcy, hence they booted out steve job.
    Without apple, microsoft could be seen as a monopolist and regulator could break apart MS, so bill gate injected money to save apple. Now apple is bigger than MS. Lucky for steve. The 18.2 million apple shares that bill sold right after court hearing now worth $530 billions today. Poor bill.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 01-06-2021 at 02:13 AM.

  5. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    you are the minority, u make no difference in the big picture.
    technically u maybe right, but the mobs have spoken and they want a tesla, apple phones, bitcoin
    Actually i believe tesla will slow down making cars and move onto the next trend. This is 7+ years beyond tho.
    They also want Warlock and On/Off.

  6. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    Trust when I say, I didnt buy it to save the environment.

    0-60 in less than 4 seconds...instant power, incredible handling....6,000 lbs AWD...snow and ice??? Pfffffff Even better than my '78 Eldorado....and that was awesome on snow.

    A navigation map 17" x 12" ....cameras all around that record and you can view on the car's comp screen...the ability to customize almost every part of the car....monthly downloads directly into the car that modifies and makes improvements...havent got to the auto pilot yet...the car can park itself and you can also call it to come to you within 200FT...

    Every one of my friends has driven it and loves it,...they just too broke to get one lol.

    https://prnt.sc/wh77j7
    and free software update by cloud, no need to buy new ICE car every 3-4 years
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 01-06-2021 at 12:34 AM.

  7. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Pffff, .8%. They need to issue 50%. Then Tesla is set forever.
    you're too funny
    why give away cheap shares now for puny billions $?
    In fact elon doesn't need nor want to issue more shares.
    To help entering into sp500, sec encouraged elon to issue more shares so tesla share price doesn't shoot to mars, just to the moon is suffice. That is why sp500 inclusion was DELAYED. Bottom line, u are clueless
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 01-06-2021 at 12:28 AM.

  8. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    If you like offroading and carrying plywood and sheetrock, this isnt the vehicle for that...The truck looks insanely bad. My range is 250, have used a supercharger only a few times...you can charge the car on a 110 outlet. I had some range anxiety at first, but after I started plugging in at home that went away.

    The auto pilot is great, you can sit back and read email or screw around on the comp screen and the car will stay in the lane and keep same pace as car in front of you...I dont think ill use the full auto when its ready but who knows.
    people are already doing it at level 4
    Alberta RCMP charge Tesla driver for speeding (93 mph) and sleeping

  9. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    I was doing 105 and noticed a crown victoria on my tail....then he pulls up next to me and I can see his SCPD shoulder patch and I felt sick....then he smiles and blasts past me.

    That could have been a costly one.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

    The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

  10. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    you're too funny
    why give away cheap shares now for puny billions $?
    In fact elon doesn't need nor want to issue more shares.
    To help entering into sp500, sec encouraged elon to issue more shares so tesla share price doesn't shoot to mars, just to the moon is suffice. That is why sp500 inclusion was DELAYED. Bottom line, u are clueless
    Haha, maybe you are right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •