Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 293

Thread: Tesla

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAllMyLife View Post
    Why would anyone buy an electric car ever? They're stupid.
    I have a Tesla, its the best car ive ever owned....by far. I can plug in at work or at home....theres more to a car than the price of gas.

    But I am secretly hoping gas goes to $10 a gal,,,,LOL....JK JK
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

    The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAllMyLife View Post
    Why would anyone buy an electric car ever? They're stupid.
    i think u haven't done the math

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    i think u haven't done the math
    Why do they need government rebates on each sale. Usually a sign of non competitiveness

  4. #64

    Default

    As a real environmentalist, the amount of land and environment that is destroyed by the mining of lithium and alike even though it's mostly mined in china to build the batteries, we might as well use the coal/gas/bio in a souped up steam engine ran sports cars. Than to burn the coal to make the electricity to charge the batteries.

    IDK.

    Do know that selfishly I would like to have a Tesla in my collection. They are really nice.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    As a real environmentalist, the amount of land and environment that is destroyed by the mining of lithium and alike even though it's mostly mined in china to build the batteries, we might as well use the coal/gas/bio in a souped up steam engine ran sports cars. Than to burn the coal to make the electricity to charge the batteries.

    IDK.

    Do know that selfishly I would like to have a Tesla in my collection. They are really nice.
    This is (part of) my point. They're really not more "green" than gas powered cars. Frankly I'm not concerned with that and that's not really the basis of my objection to electric cars. I just think they're stupid and I'm personally not at all interested in any technology in a car outside of an FM radio and an air conditioner. And in my town every yuppie poser is either in a 911 or a Tesla and I just think it's played out.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAllMyLife View Post
    This is (part of) my point. They're really not more "green" than gas powered cars. Frankly I'm not concerned with that and that's not really the basis of my objection to electric cars. I just think they're stupid and I'm personally not at all interested in any technology in a car outside of an FM radio and an air conditioner. And in my town every yuppie poser is either in a 911 or a Tesla and I just think it's played out.
    Im not a yuppie poser, maybe its just a great car?? Have you ever even driven one?
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

    The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    Im not a yuppie poser, maybe its just a great car?? Have you ever even driven one?
    Of course I haven't. I might enjoy it and then I'd have to question everything I believe in

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAllMyLife View Post
    Of course I haven't. I might enjoy it and then I'd have to question everything I believe in
    Trust when I say, I didnt buy it to save the environment.

    0-60 in less than 4 seconds...instant power, incredible handling....6,000 lbs AWD...snow and ice??? Pfffffff Even better than my '78 Eldorado....and that was awesome on snow.

    A navigation map 17" x 12" ....cameras all around that record and you can view on the car's comp screen...the ability to customize almost every part of the car....monthly downloads directly into the car that modifies and makes improvements...havent got to the auto pilot yet...the car can park itself and you can also call it to come to you within 200FT...

    Every one of my friends has driven it and loves it,...they just too broke to get one lol.

    https://prnt.sc/wh77j7
    Last edited by Miteysquirrel; 01-05-2021 at 10:15 PM.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

    The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    Trust when I say, I didnt buy it to save the environment.

    0-60 in less than 4 seconds...instant power, incredible handling....6,000 lbs AWD...snow and ice??? Pfffffff Even better than my '78 Eldorado....and that was awesome on snow.

    A navigation map 17" x 12" ....cameras all around that record and you can view on the car's comp screen...the ability to customize almost every part of the car....monthly downloads directly into the car that modifies and makes improvements...havent got to the auto pilot yet...the car can park itself and you can also call it to come to you within 200FT...

    Every one of my friends has driven it and loves it,...they just too broke to get one lol.

    https://prnt.sc/wh77j7
    Little hard to go off roading or carry a sheet of plywood in a tesla. Range anxiety would make it less useful and it isn't a good bug out vehicle.

    The new Tesla truck looks bad. Like childish bad.

    I think full autonomous cars are a pipe dream. Maybe in SoCal, but not the real world.

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Little hard to go off roading or carry a sheet of plywood in a tesla. Range anxiety would make it less useful and it isn't a good bug out vehicle.

    The new Tesla truck looks bad. Like childish bad.

    I think full autonomous cars are a pipe dream. Maybe in SoCal, but not the real world.
    If you like offroading and carrying plywood and sheetrock, this isnt the vehicle for that...The truck looks insanely bad. My range is 250, have used a supercharger only a few times...you can charge the car on a 110 outlet. I had some range anxiety at first, but after I started plugging in at home that went away.

    The auto pilot is great, you can sit back and read email or screw around on the comp screen and the car will stay in the lane and keep same pace as car in front of you...I dont think ill use the full auto when its ready but who knows.
    Last edited by Miteysquirrel; 01-05-2021 at 10:33 PM.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

    The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •