Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla

TSLA is at 242.51.

If I was in the stock market, I would short this stock. One year from now (8/9/2016), it will be trading in the double digits.

Watch.

I was a bit early with this post last December:

"Yes, a MO MO stock that lost it's MO.

TSLA will be double digits in the next three months.

Really, buy a TSLA with gas at $1.XX? "

However, I think the low gas prices, delays of the model X, service that is getting worse and loss of government propping up will do this in...A year is plenty of time for them to crash.
    Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 08-09-2015 at 08:57 AM.

If Tesla could sell direct to the public they would not be losing money I bet. Too much archaic and entrenched protection for the standard way of selling and servicing cars through the typical dealership. And why can't I buy a car on Sunday in Illinois? Been that way all my life as far as I know.

Tesla can't even service its cars in Michigan

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/09/t...cars-michigan/

Michigan Remains One Of Five States To Uphold Direct Sales Ban

Michigan-based owners of the Tesla Model S luxury-electric sedan can fast-charge their cars through two Supercharger stations within the state. But they can't service those vehicles. That's because lawmakers in the US state most associated with building cars continue to prohibit the direct company-to-consumer sales model that Tesla uses.

Such was the gist of comments Tesla's Diarmuid O'Connell made to reporters earlier this week, the Detroit News says. Michigan is one of five US states the others are Arizona, Texas, Connecticut, and West Virginia that outright prohibits direct automaker-to-consumer vehicle sales. These states require a third-party dealership to sell new cars, and the dividing line extends to operating servicing centers as well.

Tesla executives continue to lobby Michigan lawmakers and say the company ultimately wants to have between five and 10 stores in the Mitten State. The Federal Trade Commission has even gotten involved, pushing Michigan lawmakers to allow direct sales. Despite now being able to buy the EVs in the state, there are about 300 Tesla Model S vehicles on Michigan's roads today.

But Michigan's dealership lobbying efforts remain strong, and Michigan-based General Motors has also tried to thwart some of Tesla's efforts, lobbying this spring against a law allowing for direct Tesla sales in Maryland. The Maryland law was eventually passed.

California-based Tesla on Wednesday released its second-quarter financial results and said it would deliver between 50,000 and 55,000 vehicles this year, compared to its prior prediction of an even 55,000. Deliveries of its Model X SUV are finally slated to start in September, while the less expensive Model 3 is predicted to see the light of day next March before going on sale in 2017.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Yep, Red, just what we need more of...
    The Fed Gvmnt getting involved, telling the states more of what they can and can't do...

Besides, Remember Tucker?
    Wasn't it the Fed Gvmnt that got involved and ruined that company?

So, why now the different tack, from the Fed Gov, for Tesla?

Is Elon more a buddy of theirs then Preston was?

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Change View Post
    Yep, Red, just what we need more of...
    The Fed Gvmnt getting involved, telling the states more of what they can and can't do...

Besides, Remember Tucker?
    Wasn't it the Fed Gvmnt that got involved and ruined that company?

So, why now the different tack, from the Fed Gov, for Tesla?

Is Elon more a buddy of theirs then Preston was?

Who said anything about the Feds?

432Hz

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    Who said anything about the Feds?
    Like an empty purse...what's the purpose?

"The Federal Trade Commission has even gotten involved, pushing Michigan lawmakers to allow direct sales. "
    It's in the link you posted

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Change View Post
    Like an empty purse...what's the purpose?

"The Federal Trade Commission has even gotten involved, pushing Michigan lawmakers to allow direct sales. "
    It's in the link you posted
    Do you think that states should be able to restrict certain kinds of commerce in preference to certain established industry's lobbying to keep out the competition?

432Hz

If Tesla could sell direct to the public they would not be losing money I bet. Too much archaic and entrenched protection for the standard way of selling and servicing cars through the typical dealership. And why can't I buy a car on Sunday in Illinois? Been that way all my life as far as I know.

Tesla can't even service its cars in Michigan

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/09/t...cars-michigan/

Michigan Remains One Of Five States To Uphold Direct Sales Ban

Michigan-based owners of the Tesla Model S luxury-electric sedan can fast-charge their cars through two Supercharger stations within the state. But they can't service those vehicles. That's because lawmakers in the US state most associated with building cars continue to prohibit the direct company-to-consumer sales model that Tesla uses.

Such was the gist of comments Tesla's Diarmuid O'Connell made to reporters earlier this week, the Detroit News says. Michigan is one of five US states – the others are Arizona, Texas, Connecticut, and West Virginia – that outright prohibits direct automaker-to-consumer vehicle sales. These states require a third-party dealership to sell new cars, and the dividing line extends to operating servicing centers as well.

Tesla executives continue to lobby Michigan lawmakers and say the company ultimately wants to have between five and 10 stores in the Mitten State. The Federal Trade Commission has even gotten involved, pushing Michigan lawmakers to allow direct sales. Despite now being able to buy the EVs in the state, there are about 300 Tesla Model S vehicles on Michigan's roads today.

But Michigan's dealership lobbying efforts remain strong, and Michigan-based General Motors has also tried to thwart some of Tesla's efforts, lobbying this spring against a law allowing for direct Tesla sales in Maryland. The Maryland law was eventually passed.

California-based Tesla on Wednesday released its second-quarter financial results and said it would deliver between 50,000 and 55,000 vehicles this year, compared to its prior prediction of an even 55,000. Deliveries of its Model X SUV are finally slated to start in September, while the less expensive Model 3 is predicted to see the light of day next March before going on sale in 2017.
    the big 3 are fighting an uphill battle, just like RIAA fighting online music /mp3 downloading and some cities resisting UBER taxis. There are a lot of EV startup that have good product to sell but blocked by current regulation.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 08-09-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Do you think that states should be able to restrict certain kinds of commerce in preference to certain established industry's lobbying to keep out the competition?
    Who has given the authority for the Fed Gvmnt to step in?

This "established industry" lobby you speak of...
    So, if Johnny jumps off the roof, it's o.k. for all others to jump off the roof?
    If I teach my kid to NOT jump off the roof, thereby saving him a doctor visit, would that NOT be the more prudent way to think>yet, under the basis of your question, I'd be going against the "establishment" and so, I'd be the bad guy...

Power Flow, in the US
    Me
    City
    County
    State
    Washington DC

Top to Bottom

Not The Other Way Around, Red

Tesla, Elio, auto dealers testifying to FTC today on direct sales

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/19/t...-direct-sales/

In the public mind, testimony on Capitol Hill usually falls into one of two categories: mind-numblingly boring or pointless grandstanding for political gain. Today's FTC hearing on "Auto Distribution" will, hopefully, be neither. That's because the direct-sales issue has the potential to get people riled up. Also, because I'm going to be on site all eight-and-a-half hours. You can follow our live coverage here and also on the AutoblogGreen Twitter and Facebook feeds.

The official description makes it seem less than thrilling. It says that the workshop is meant:
    to explore competition and related issues in the context of state regulation of motor vehicle distribution, and to promote more informed analysis of how these regulations affect businesses and consumers. The workshop, which will consist of presentations and discussion, will focus on the following topics: (1) the regulation of dealer location; (2) laws relating to reimbursement for warranty services; (3) restrictions on manufacturers' ability to engage in direct sales to consumers; and (4) new developments affecting motor vehicle distribution, such as autonomous vehicles, connected cars, and the rise of subscription-based automobile sharing services.
    Of course, this dealer fight issue has gotten Tesla plenty of attention in the past when it challenged the status quo in individual states (e.g., Michigan, California, and Texas). That's why we assume most readers will be most interested in hearing from Tesla itself, which will happen in the mid-afternoon. Todd Maron, Tesla's general counsel, is scheduled to talk on the panel that runs from 2:15 to 3:45 along with Joel Sheltrown, the vice president of government affairs for Elio Motors and others. In other sessions, representatives from the American Automobile Association, the National Automobile Dealers Association, and Uber are scheduled to speak. The FTC itself hasn't made any comments about whether or not it should be allowed for Tesla to sell its vehicles direct to customers, but FTC representatives have said such sales should be allowed on two occasions. A change in the dealership laws in the US would affect all automakers, of course, and companies like Audi are already thinking about it.

If you want to submit your own comments and this is a public issue, so if you're in the US and care about whether or not Tesla, for example, should be allowed to sell vehicles directly to buyers, you should want to you can do that here. The FTC will listed to you until March 4, 2016. You can also watch the hearings all day today here. The fun starts at 9 am.

432Hz

Default The Real Tesla

Was well aware that the unseen > the seen universe.

This quote touches the body, mind, and spirit connection with Creation.

- UPDATED-
    2.4 BILLION people still cook with manure as their fuel.
    3.0 BILLION more people will be born in the next 30 years.

IEA, Number of people without access to clean cooking by scenario, 2021-2030, IEA, Paris

More energy. Not less.