Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Tesla

Tesla Wants You to Sit in 'A Wet Dumpster' While Waiting for Your Car to Charge

https://ijr.com/tesla-wants-sit-wet-...ng-car-charge/

In August, Jalopnik writer Steve DaSilva penned a hilarious report on a new “Supercharger” station in Hilden, Germany. In addition to what seems like endless charging station ports, the facility has what’s called a Tesla “Super Pool,” which DaSilva hilariously described as something that resembles “a wet dumpster.”

“But this is no pool. Look at those corrugated sides, the ridge around the base. Look at the brackets on the bottom. This is a dumpster that someone cut in half and threw a hose into. Apparently it’s meant for four occupants, assuming there are four people who fit the cross section of ‘wealthy enough to own a Tesla’ and ‘likes to sit in wet dumpsters.'”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8f2L5Na8BM&t=7s
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    How would a sealed battery become "water logged"??
    In a world where a person who is a biological male can self identify as she/her, do you really need to ask that question?
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 10-20-2022 at 09:19 AM.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    Dear Bankers,

Get rid of TSLA holdings or get rid of your access to the FED printing press.

Love,

Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell

Elon Musk has pissed off the "establishment" and they are out to drag him down.

Let the entertainment begin.
    I have noticed that TSLA stock is down roughly 50% from a high about a year ago & down about 30% in just the last month alone. I was considering that this might be a buy opportunity, but I see a lot of risk here for many reasons. The one you mention is just a small piece of it. There is also overall market drop, liability from the bad things that happen because of Tesla cars, & a general overbought position to consider.

I'm also noticing that gold is pretty far down. I think that going forward, gold has less downside risk than TSLA, but that is just a gut feeling on my part.
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 10-20-2022 at 09:20 AM.
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

to Red's post:

MSM built up tesla and electric with hype...they can tear it down with reciprocal force.

This article is just garbage...but since tesla is still vastly over valued, maybe they deserve it.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    In a world where a person who is a biological male can self identify as she/her, do you really need to ask that question?
    I was in water that came over the hood of my model S...that was 2 years ago...car had no damage. Maybe sitting in deep water for hours has a more damaging effect...but sealed is sealed...I dont know anymore.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

I have noticed that TSLA stock is down roughly 50% from a high about a year ago & down about 30% in just the last month alone. I was considering that this might be a buy opportunity, but I see a lot of risk here for many reasons. The one you mention is just a small piece of it. There is also overall market drop, liability from the bad things that happen because of Tesla cars, & a general overbought position to consider.

I'm also noticing that gold is pretty far down. I think that going forward, gold has less downside risk than TSLA, but that is just a gut feeling on my part.
    Id rather have the gold...tsla ia still way over valued can lose another 50% easily.

some thoughts

1. high growth does not mean consistent high growth quarter after quarter, 1-2 quarter of less delivery growth (due to china lockdown and supply constraint) was perceived as growth ending.
    2. elon sold alot of tsla stock to pay for overpriced twitter. Elon getting into politic (twitter banting, ukraine war banting) doesn't help tesla stock.
    3. ever since elon start leaning toward the right (or less left), the hit on elon and tesla accelerated
    4. tsla shares are mostly held by retail investors because tesla credit rating is purposely assigned as junk bond status. Therefore institutional holders can't include it in their ETFs. Retail investors are easier to get spooked than institution from the media spin and market volatility.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 10-20-2022 at 11:09 AM.

Sealed batteries are really not totally sealed. They usually have a pressure vent valve of some sort. Usually meant to keep pressure in but vent if it gets too high.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    Sealed batteries are really not totally sealed. They usually have a pressure vent valve of some sort. Usually meant to keep pressure in but vent if it gets too high.
    yes, similar to sealed lead acid battery

TSLA stock is around 181 today, which is less than half of what it was roughly a year ago. Will the decline continue????? Is it at/near a bottom? Time will tell.