Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla

The problem with "world hunger" is it will never go away....there will always be hungry people on the verge of starvation.

People who cant afford to raise a human above the poverty level should not reproduce.

This is the main issue to solve...a vaccine that renders its recipients sterile is a good starting point...oh wait...
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

I think your position is A little extreme. Procreation and reproduction is A natural human drive. A young couple that may not have the IQ to get themselves out of poverty in the current economic system are not going to overcome their desire to have family. Your idea is actually A bit scary if you think it through. Especially when you consider the current economic trend of the super rich getting Richer while the poor and middle class become less wealthy.

My mind imagines A young couple at the park with their kid facing scorn for having kids at their low economic status. I don't like it.

jjmcwill. Mighty is starting to sound like one on the far left, even a communist - the ones who have been for killing babies, Fed control over all, seeing humans life as worthless (which goes along with blaming humans for the scarcity of polar bears), and worship of digits.

My sister, a far left Berkeley leftist, would applaud what Mighty has to say here.

Are we seeing a flip again, the right is now adopting leftist positions, or is this just Mighty being a New Yorker?

In the end though -- lets remember who is going to win. Your digits don't mean squat, nor does your gold, if you do not have beautiful young ones to share it with. So all you wealth obsessed -- you can get mad all you want against those "poor people" you see, but if they are making babies, and not you, they are winning, you are loosing.....momentary comfort and pleasure matter not in the larger picture, only matters to the self obsessed , hope they enjoy being alone.....
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Further, "world hunger" is not a constant, rather silly to think it must be. Due to many events, war and adverse weather conditions being a big part of them, poor economic management and farming another, hunger has come across to various people around the world over the course of history. Usually it is not due to the victims being stupid or lazy. It is due to events individuals had little control over. All of us have great ancestors who needed to deal with it, and usually succeeded (at least enough to pass on their genes to make us).

However, modern planning and technology can end it, and in many areas has. Hunger leading to death no longer needs to to part of the human condition. Of course, just throwing digits at the problem is not the answer either. There is an answer, but it does require those who most want to stop world hunger to learn to fight, kill, and win in battle. Thing is, those most concerned about hunger, are not usually the fighting type. Time to bring back the Knights Templar...
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Moto, I agree and will assume that Mitey may have been speaking off the cuff and didn't really think through what he was saying.
    Anyone familiar with 20th Century history, or All of history for that matter, understands where that kind of thinking tends to lead.
    I mean if they are too stupid and incompetent to figure out how to become more wealthy then why shouldn't we sterilize them? Why should they have children at all? Surely, the Children will have low IQ's and will also be poor. Or, maybe we should legislate A minimum income requirement that humans have to meet in order to have babies. Those who cannot meet this income requirement will not pass on their genes. Or, we can have A baby tax that must be paid and this tax will be hefty in order to price out the poor. We could also mandate competency tests for prospective parents. If they answer the questions in an acceptable manner and can afford the Baby Tax then we will allow them to have A baby. What A dystopian nightmare of an idea.
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 11-02-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    Moto, I agree and will assume that Mitey may have been speaking off the cuff and didn't really think through what he was saying.
    Anyone familiar with 20th Century history, or All of history for that matter, understands where that kind of thinking tends to lead.
    I mean if they are too stupid and incompetent to figure out how to become more wealthy then why shouldn't we sterilize them? Why should they have children at all? Surely, the Children will have low IQ's and will also be poor. Or, maybe we should legislate A minimum income requirement that humans have to meet in order to have babies. Those who cannot meet this income requirement will not pass on their genes. Or, we can have A baby tax that must be paid and this tax will be hefty in order to price out the poor. We could also mandate competency tests for prospective parents. If they answer the questions in an acceptable manner and can afford the Baby Tax then we will allow them to have A baby. What A dystopian nightmare of an idea.
    So Moto attacks someone named "Mighty" without even questioning context...maybe its some past transgression from these fingers, and now im on his hitlist.

My first sentence is a fact....like a "war of terror" or "war on poverty" these are human constants that never go away.

My next 2 sentences are what the "Georgia Guidestones" crowd, including Bill Gates...and his vaccine mandating buddies actually think...as the last words I typed alluded to. This forced and mandated vaccine is rumored to cause a large number of men to become infertile.

If someone here wants to know what something I type means, they can ask...not jump straight to an accusation of being a lefty or a communist...that actually disgusts me, and I hope an apology is forthcoming quick fast.
    Last edited by Miteysquirrel; 11-02-2021 at 11:14 PM.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Well Mitey I assumed that maybe something was lost in translation. Aside from the last sentence it was difficult to tell it was meant to be sarcasm.

elon musk tweeted a poll asking his fans should he sell 10% of his shares to pay the tax so he won't
    be viewed as avoiding tax and force pay taxes on the new mark toe market capital gain tax. Latest was around 55% yes and 45% no. I'm sure the more non tesla twitter mob would vote YES. His 10 billion$ tax bill would be just peeing against the US budget head wind of $6.55 trillion.
    The mob wanted elon's pound of flesh.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 11-06-2021 at 06:03 PM.

My first wife and I were lucky to have a child - a healthy son.

At that time, my wife had two criteria in consideration of trying for a second child. 1. Before she was 30 (she was 28). 2. could we afford to live as we wished plus fund our (theoretical) 2 children through higher education.

Turned out moneys was not a problem but age was still a concern. So, we held at just one. We made a choice.

My point? Either way, "we" knew "we" had to pay for that choice - not someone else.

I don't know how smart someone has to be to figure out the probable impacts of future costs due to choices made.

If "that" cannot be given a higher thought priority than one's other selfish feelings (sex and more kids) then one must be on their own. I still can't grasp why people who have more children get tax breaks and subsidies.

It's a form of blackmail. But the kid will suffer if we don't socialize you earning/taxes Markpti. Perhaps. That is their parent's responsibility though.

We live in a "life-style bubble" because of a million or so "feelings" and policy distortions. Are we running out of other people's money?

I hear the well meant thoughts of sympathy and empathy. Ayn Rand well predicted in the 1950s where lack of economic self-responsibility would lead us (objectivism). We can only make up for other people's excesses and lack of thought (or concern for others) for so long. Are we there, yet?
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt