Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223242529 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla

Tesla Megapack Battery Fire In Australia Finally Extinguished After Four Days Of Burning

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology...r-days-burning

On Friday, when the fire was first reported, CFA officials were so concerned about toxic fumes spewing from the battery unit that they issued air quality warnings for surrounding suburbs and urged people to move indoors.

The problem with lithium-ion batteries is that besides emitting toxic fumes during a blaze, the sheer amount of water to extinguish the fire is not ESG-friendly.
    For a regular Tesla car battery weighing around 1,200 pounds, it takes about 20 tons of water to put out the blaze. Some Tesla vehicle fires have taken upwards of 75 tons of water.
    Now picture a 13-ton, or approximately 26,000-pound battery catching fire and the amount of water needed to extinguish it. CFA didn't release the number of tons of water it took to extinguish the blaze, but statements show it took four days to put out flames.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    I wonder how much water that will take in the desert of Nevada?

432Hz

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    i'm sure elon recycle most of the water where as US shale oil/gas fracking doesn't

Energy companies used nearly 250 billion gallons of water to extract unconventional shale gas and oil from hydraulically fractured wells in the United States between 2005 and 2014, a new Duke University study finds.

i see better alternative than Li-ion battery banks for grid storage
    i see li-ion battery usage better suited in portable devices, not mass storage.
    i prefer fuel cell tech and/or molten salt battery for mass storage

They don't hardly have any fracking in Nevada. 9 wells drilled as of 2019. Where is the water going to come from? They are short now.

432Hz

They don't hardly have any fracking in Nevada. 9 wells drilled as of 2019. Where is the water going to come from? They are short now.
    i see lot of water in nevada, lots

i see lot of water in nevada, lots
    LOL don't tell California.

432Hz

LOL don't tell California.
    No worry, gov't there aren't too bright, that's why elon left california.

What the heck is the matter with these folks, don't they know that they live in a desert? How much water do they waste on this process. I watched the state government run sprinklers along the freeways to keep hundreds of mile of green grass; again I thought why is the state government wasting drinking water on lawns in the desert?

Precipitation CA receives each year, 65% loss to evaporation and another 11% they allow to flow to the ocean, leaving a mere 24% (48 MAF) of the water for agriculture, urban/domestic, and other purposes.

It seem californians don't like pipeline and bullet train but much rather prefer asphalt roads and water canals.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 08-03-2021 at 03:23 PM.

In 50 years, only the rich can own ICE vehicles

In 50 years, only the rich can own ICE vehicles
    Wrong,

The Amish are not RICH in what the world considers RICH, many are poor. But they still have horses.

And they can pry my ICE truck from my dead, cold hands.